Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I've only seen that movie once and I don't want to ever watch it again. It hit me so hard that I was depressed for days afterwards. Same with Atonement. Beautiful movies, but just too darn much for my overly-sensitive nature, I guess.
Both are well done, but end up leaving me angry. I had seen Cold Mountain once upon a time so although I knew that it was full of death, I forgot how full and that no one was safe. It was frustrating.
:D

Prometheus on the laptop with the Padre, but not my usual Padre cabin mate, our backfill Padre, filling in while the original Padre is on leave.

Fairly certain that's the most frequent use of the word Padre in a sentence.

Prometheus is pretty cool, backstory of sorts for the Alien films. And it stars Noomi Rapace.
One of my more liked movies in recent years. I eagerly await the next installment.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Sorry I've been absent lately.... busted the sink this evening... had to attend a wake for a former colleague (long backstory, but when a tree professional tells you NOT to try and take down that tree by yourself... DON'T) and generally have been run ragged by life.

As for "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers", classic Harryhausen animation. I also liked the fact that it was as close to a shoot em up we'd get with aliens until much later think "Independence Day" By "we" I mean earth as the aliens found it, NOT Star Wars. The earth (read U.S.) assessed, adapted and overcame. Good solid sci-fi fare. As Doc pointed out, not in the top 5 of the era but skin close. The damage done to D.C. whooo hoo! It was even parodied in "Mars Attacks" with the Washington Monument being used as a human squasher! It's not perfect but it's pretty darn good!

Worf

... had to attend a wake for a former colleague (long backstory, but when a tree professional tells you NOT to try and take down that tree by yourself... DON'T) ...

It's wrong, but I did laugh out loud at this line.

I employ the same logic with electricity - when there is a a problem, I call a professional and pay him to do the work. The option is I save a few hundred dollars, which is real money until I consider the alternative: friends (okay, maybe one friend would come) attending my wake.

Feraud

Bartender
Showtime is running a documentary called, The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened? It is about Tim Burton's aborted Superman film which was going to star Nicholas Cage. I am sure many of you film/comic book fans have seen the pic of Cage wearing a Superman costume. The film interviews a lot of people associated with the production in attempting to piece together what happened to cause the studio to drop the film. There are good interviews with Tim Burton, Jon Peters, Kevin Smith, Colleen Atwood and various writers and artists. I was really hoping they had an interview with Nicholas Cage. The archival costume footage of Cage was awesome. I loved hearing him pontificate on the character while wearing the costume!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up

Flags of Our Fathers (2006)

Remembering my Dad, my comrades & all who served our great country.

2z3z4g9.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
I know what happened. Someone at Warner Brothers saw "Superman", "Tim Burton", and "Nicholas Cage" in the same sentence and said, "Oh hell no!!!" :D

Oddly enough, the studio was on board with this motley production crew! Go figure..
There were one too many financial failures at the time which gave the studio cold feet.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway and Gellhorn.
The mix of real footage of the Spanish Civil War etc digitalised to include the actors was a strange combination of good and sometimes obviously added.
Had to watch it to the end though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo