Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
Right now I'm watching The House On 56th Street (1933) with Kay Francis for a second time. Yesterday I watched Trog (1970).

What was the last movie you watched?

Trog!! What a blast from the past. British horror movie with Joan Fontaine?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
New Orleans 1947 oh baby that was a great film...how many have seen it? Satchmo and Lady Day...oh goodness you can't get much better...it moved to my number one spot as soon as i saw Mizz Holiday singin' 'bout missin' New Orleans...love it love it love it love it...i love it so much, i'm namin' my lil girl Billie...

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SamMarlowPI said:
New Orleans 1947 oh baby that was a great film...how many have seen it? Satchmo and Lady Day...oh goodness you can't get much better...it moved to my number one spot as soon as i saw Mizz Holiday singin' 'bout missin' New Orleans...love it love it love it love it...i love it so much, i'm namin' my lil girl Billie...
That's a great one.
Have you seen St. Louis Blues? That has to have the best musical cast ever. Oh how I wish it was available on DVD.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally saw the Black Dahlia on HBO. Frankly wasn't too impressed with the script. The thing was way to uneven. It was one of those movies that has a bunch of stuff going on in parrallel and then ties it all up in the last 5 minutes, which I hate. 1 star for the script and 1 1/2 stars for the vintage props/sets.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Test Pilot-I'd wear every out fit Myrna Loy has in that movie. I also love they hair. I'd love to have her wit also. The scene where she and Clark Gable first meet is priceless.

Feraud

Bartender
Twitch said:
Finally saw the Black Dahlia on HBO. Frankly wasn't too impressed with the script.
It is amazing to note no one liked this movie. You can usually find at least one person to give any film a thumbs up.

I have Brute Force from Netflix to watch tonight.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Last movie I saw was "Don't Bother to Knock", a 1952 film with Richard Widmark and Marilyn Monroe, when she was still virtually unknown. Nice to see a movie where she is playing a character that isn't the typical sex kitten. Really, really strange movie.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I finally Tivo'd Miller's Crossing last evening so it's coming up. :D

I'm going to Tivo Ace in the Hole with Kirk Dougles this afternoon. He sings just a bit of the Rilleragh(sp?) song in this film.

Feraud

Bartender
carter said:
I finally Tivo'd Miller's Crossing last evening so it's coming up. :D

I'm going to Tivo Ace in the Hole with Kirk Dougles this afternoon. He sings just a bit of the Rilleragh(sp?) song in this film.
Two great movies!

Bear in mind when Ace in the Hole was released people thought the situation was unrealistic.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
no i haven't seen st. louis blues but i will now:) the 1958 one right?...just watched The Rocketeer have to love that movie just for its fun and kick butt flight jacket Bill Campbell wears...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
carter said:

I should watch this movie. I have a swimsuit ad on the wall of my room that features Jan Sterling in a swimsuit that she wore in that movie.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
SamMarlowPI said:
no i haven't seen st. louis blues but i will now:) the 1958 one right?...just watched The Rocketeer have to love that movie just for its fun and kick butt flight jacket Bill Campbell wears...

It's so Disney but I love The Rocketeer too--great movie poster, I used to have a copy. Great cast and feel for the era. Terry O'Quinn as Hughes stands out particularly in my mind.

rocketeer.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Am I hallucinating or ...

Feraud said:
Two great movies!

Bear in mind when Ace in the Hole was released people thought the situation was unrealistic.

Did anyone else read something recently about a situation similar to that depicted in Ace in the Hole actually happening?

Feraud

Bartender
carter said:
Did anyone else read something recently about a situation similar to that depicted in Ace in the Hole actually happening?
I did read that! Was it referring to an incident in the 20s or 30s? I wish I had the story..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs