Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

pgoat

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
just bought the Bogie and Bacall Signature Collection with the 4 films they made together...

OOoh! My wife just asked me what her family could get me for Xmas.....thanks for the brain jog! Do you know if it has both versions of The Big Sleep? I have both on video....I know there is a deluxe DVD of that flick with both editions...

watched "Goldfinger" last night...an intermittant fever had me dozing throughout the film but I enjoyed catching Felix Leiter and partner in stingy and stingier (respectively) fedoras while surveilling (Is that a word? More cough medicine!) the horse farm. btw, By this, the third Bond film, you still see JB wearing a hat in the intro (seen through the gun barrell)...I suspect he will be bareheaded in 1965's Thunderball (I'llk be watching that later if I can stay awake).

In Goldfinger, Bond wore a casual porkpie hat while golfing and held his usual trilby in M's office earlier on but I think the Bond hat sightings go downhill after this one.

Of course, Goldfinger also marks the appearance of Oddjob's killer top hat.

JohnnyL

New in Town
sweetfrancaise said:
Ooh, that's on my wishlist this year, too!

I just watched Holiday Inn last night to pull myself out of a rotten-cranky mood. It worked!

I've always thought Holiday Inn superior to White Christmas and it is always on my list of holiday movies every year. Astaire and Crosby...can't beat that....plus you get Astaire's dandy 4th of July dance.

pgoat

One Too Many
JohnnyL said:
Hard to believe she was just 19. Also notice how Walter Brennan looks old even back then.

yeah that is true! He had a long career and it seems he always played the "old sidekick".

He had excellent range when he wanted to. Compare the lovable drunk Eddie to the nasty Clanton patriarch in My Darling Clementine just two years later.

good stuff....

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Beneath the Planet of the Apes,
Escape from the Planet of the Apes and
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Gee, I wonder which one is next :rolleyes:

LD

Cocktails on the Planet of the Apes?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Early this morning I watched 'Public Eye' with Joe Pesci. He's a freelance news photographer...based loosely on Weegee...in 1940s NYC. Somehow he'd get to murder scenes way before the cops did and rearrange the body to make the photo look better. There's a funny line when at the scene he tells one of the cops to put the dead guy's hat next to the body....he tells them, 'People like to see the dead guy's hat...'lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
How Green Was My Valley. I missed part of it but I have been wanting to see it for ever. It was very good but so depressing. I definatly need to see the whole thing.

pgoat

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
How Green Was My Valley. I missed part of it but I have been wanting to see it for ever. It was very good but so depressing. I definatly need to see the whole thing.

The book is great as well. I love that film - Donald Crisp's finest moment. The only parts that make me gag are all the singing scenes. I don't mind miners singing while commuting but it shouldn't sound like the Mormon Tabarnacle Choir.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Mr. Rover said:
One of my acting teachers is Elizabeth Hess, who played Melissa Joan Hart's mom throughout "Clarissa Explains It All" if you want to talk about Nickelodeon :)

Wow! That's really neat! Even Melissa Joan Hart was in one of the episodes of "Are you Afraid of the Dark". I was wondering what ever happened to the mom. I see the dad often in commercials.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
GwenLake said:
I just finished watching The Court Jester on the wall for the first time. My family really enjoyed it.

That's one of my favorites of his. I'm glad you were able to watch it with your family.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
I've still not seen all of The Court Jester. I love Danny Kaye and I bet my nephew would like this movie. I'll need to rent it soon.

It's very cute and I think you would get more laughs out of it, but it would still be entertaining for your nephew.

zaika

One Too Many
The Court Jester is one of my all time favorite Danny Kaye movies.
Recently I watched "Hans Christian Anderson" and it wasn't very good. My friend and I ripped it apart. It's fine that Danny Kaye did a serious movie...but this one sucked. And I prefer him funny...Inspector General anyone?

Most recently I watched Superbad. It lived up to it's name. I guess I'm too old or fuddyduddy or something...but 40 year old Virgin, Knocked Up and Superbad...[huh] I'm not really impressed by them. They all have good moments, but as movies...they don't live up to the hype for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace