Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
funneman said:
Farewell My Lovely (1975)
Robert Mitchum as Philip Marlow in a gritty remake. Lot's of great tough-guy, private eye dialog, prosititutes and drugs.

interesting that Mitchum did this film before the The Big Sleep in 1978, innit?

funneman

Practically Family
Yes, it is.

But then again, this film is fascinating on several different levels.

There's some interesting tid-bits on IMDB about Mitchum's suit
being the only one available from the wardrobe department.
It was made for Victor Mature, Mitchum supposedly complained
throughout the shooting about Mature stinking up the suit.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:
interesting that Mitchum did this film before the The Big Sleep in 1978, innit?

I watched the original version of "The Big Sleep" today with Bogart and Bacall (1946). It was a great movie. After watching the extra features on the DVD I was surprised at the amount of re-shooting of scenes that was done.They wanted to maximize the hype surrounding Bogart and Bacalls new marriage.
Great film, I have become a huge Bogart fan in the past months...

Feraud

Bartender
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Green for Danger. I watched it for Trevor Howard, but Alastair Sim owns the whole movie. Great quiet British murder mystery.
What a fine, fine film!
Alastair Sim is wonderful in this. I wish TCM would show more classic English films. There is a goldmine of Film waiting to be seen by American audiences.

I recently watched (and/or rewatched) Dr. Strangelove, Union Station, and The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll.

Edit. Had to go back and fix my grammar. It's been a rough week...

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I watched a re-run of Legends of the Fall last night only got as far as the WW1 part and lost interest. (although the WW1 reconstruction was v good)
Hm.
But, I did enjoy 'Pot of Gold' always nice to escape to Jimmy Stewart for an hour or so.:D

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
I watched the original version of "The Big Sleep" today with Bogart and Bacall (1946). It was a great movie. After watching the extra features on the DVD I was surprised at the amount of re-shooting of scenes that was done.They wanted to maximize the hype surrounding Bogart and Bacalls new marriage.

bogart makes it easy to become a fan lol...maltese falcon was the first film of his i ever watched and it stuck...personally i watch big sleep for lauren bacall 1st, and bogie 2nd...i'm sure you know why..:)

Panache

A-List Customer
KY Gentleman said:

Just watched The Big Sleep again (for the umpteenth time)

Great Movie!

Cheers

Jamie

Edward

Bartender
I've seen a few movies in the hotel this week (HBO), nothing really remarkable.... but on the plane on the way over here I saw a few I'd not managed to catch to date. Most particularly, Leatherheads. I loved the clothes (main reason I checked it out, tbh), but I also really enjoyed the film itself. Clooney and Zellwegger were both fantastic, and the two of them together.... wow. If only Rene's character really did exist, in 2008, and passed through my orbit regularly.... [/sigh]...

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
Robbed by Robbery

'Robbery' with Stanley Baker. I've waited years for this to come out on DVD, so I was really looking forward to seeing it again. But, and for me this is a very large but - it's a 4:3 pan and scan number, so I was mightily ticked off.
It's still a good movie with memorable sequences despite this shortcoming.

Bluebird

New in Town
The last "old" movie I watched was "Laura". I think it's the third time I've seen it, and as tired as I was at midnight I stayed up till it was finished. Such an amazing film. Clifton Webb is fabulous as an irritating and pompous columnist. But the scene stealer for me is the apartment (sad, I know). I WANT that apartment (and you can throw Dana Andrews in for good measure, thank you.)

The last "new" movie I saw was "War" with Jet Li and Jason Statham (sp?). Typical testosterone film, but the ending was unexpected. That was my husbands pick. He still has issues with black and white movies ("If I wanted to watch b & w, I would have bought a b&w t.v." grouch!) He grumbles, but more often than not he does enjoy them, he just likes to complain...who knows why. [huh]

^_^bluebird

carter

I'll Lock Up
Gotta love TCM - uninterrupted and uncut

A Night to Remember on TCM very early Sunday morning. A far better film than Titanic (IMHO)

I started watching The Racers with Kirk Douglas last night, I'll finish watching today.

I also recorded Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn to watch sometime this week.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Finished watching The Racers (1955) today.

51J3P3WV35L._SS500_.jpg

Need to have a dusk-to-dawn raceing movie marathon at a Drive-In. That would be fun.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"Judge Roy Bean" yesterday. Paul Newman was good in that one.
Right now one of everybody's favorites is on cable- "O Brother, Where Art Thou?".

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Altman's Nashville and Hitchcock's Vertigo.
It was screening day. I love screening day.
I wore a Nashville-themed outfit, thinking that I dress Vertigoesque almost every day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24