Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Berlin

Practically Family
The last movie I watched was 'Francis' about the sad life of Francis Farmer. Sigh, she was so beautiful..but went totally mad.

784245915_5_1sBK.jpg
frances_farmer_2.jpg

High Pockets

Practically Family
Swing Kids for the first time.

Should'a read the IMDB reviews before I ordered it,....I could have saved myself $20!

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight!

filfoster

One Too Many
Swing Kids

High Pockets said:
Swing Kids for the first time.

Should'a read the IMDB reviews before I ordered it,....I could have saved myself $20!

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight!

I grant you the plot is cheesy and ridiculous enough to turn the title into the viewer's valedictory for the producers, but honestly, I thought the costumes and other period touches were not bad. And, more ridiculous still, the story has a basis in fact: the Nazis did persecute youngsters who enjoyed 'degenerate' swing music. As if they didn't have other, worse things to do.

WH1

Practically Family
I watched 2 Hitchcock movies I had heard a lot about but never seen before.
-I Confess with Montgomery Clift (1953)
-The Wrong Man with Henry Fonda (1956)

Both were excellent and I highly recommend them, I especially liked I confess. Great story and the black and white filming amazing. A difficult story but very well told.

The Wrong Man is good also especially as they show the actual Stork Club in NYC in several scenes. Henry Fonda is excellent and Vera Miles is extraordinary as his wife.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Sitting Pretty," a 1933 Paramount musical with Jack Oakie and Jack Haley as a team of punk songwriters trying to crash Hollywood, with Ginger Rogers as a singing lunchroom girl they pick up along the way and Jerry Tucker as her hellacious little brother. Made on a budget of about 89 cents, they still managed to include three first-class songs (Good Morning Glory, You're Such A Comfort To Me, and Did You Ever See A Dream Walking?) and one genuine imitation Berkeleyesque production number. A B picture that gets an A for effort.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
An Elvis movie?

[huh] Not a big Elvis fan but 1998's Finding Graceland with Harvey Keitel, Johnathon Schaech and Bridget Fonda is really pretty good and the storyline is quite touching.
I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10
Scooter

Feraud

Bartender

Christy

One of the Regulars
I just finished watching Rear Window for the first time, and it was excellent! It's one of the best movies I've ever seen, what a fantastic movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Christy

One of the Regulars
mannySpaghetti said:
Great period film, pretty tragic story. I'd recommend any Lounger to see it.

I thought it was a very good movie, but very sad. Her strength and courage was pretty inspiring though. I second your recommendation!

Feraud

Bartender
TCM recently showed a selection of Robert Ryan flicks.
I watched Beware, My Lovely co-starring Ida Lupino. Thought it was o.k. I wasn’t hooked on Ida being helplessly trapped by a mentally disturbed killer (Ryan) in that big house.

Also saw the excellent Act of Violence with Ryan, Van Heflin, Janet Leigh, and Mary Astor. Robert Ryan plays an apparently disturbed man (again) stalking the war hero and pillar of the community family man Van Heflin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran