Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
About ten episodes of Hogan's Heroes. I'm still recovering from my hysterectomy and a marathon of Hogan's is just what the doctor ordered.

Edward

Bartender
A made-for-television mini-series called Titanic, starring Tim Curry among others. The plot was a bit soap opera, but it was fun. The whole was considerably better than the James Cameron monstrosity, but then so's a kick in the teeth. Also, unlike Julian Fellow's recent effort for the UK's ITV channel, it correctly fingered the coward Ismay as being to blame for the ship sailing so quickly in ice-infested waters, rather than Captain Smith whom Ismay and his cronies cravenly scape-goated after the event, when the poor man was not around to defend himself.

A made-for-television mini-series called Titanic, starring Tim Curry among others. The plot was a bit soap opera, but it was fun. The whole was considerably better than the James Cameron monstrosity, but then so's a kick in the teeth. Also, unlike Julian Fellow's recent effort for the UK's ITV channel, it correctly fingered the coward Ismay as being to blame for the ship sailing so quickly in ice-infested waters, rather than Captain Smith whom Ismay and his cronies cravenly scape-goated after the event, when the poor man was not around to defend himself.

And if I have to hear Celine Dion just one more time......:eusa_doh::mad:

BigFitz

Practically Family
"Trains & Locomotives: The Magnificent GG-1 of the Pennsylvania RR." My wife walked in on me watching this show a couple of months ago and stated I was turning into an old man right before her eyes. I didn't retort as I didn't feel like dealing with the daggers from the eyes. Anyway, there are some good vintage shots on this series on RFD. And I've liked trains since I can remember.

"Trains & Locomotives: The Magnificent GG-1 of the Pennsylvania RR." My wife walked in on me watching this show a couple of months ago and stated I was turning into an old man right before her eyes. I didn't retort as I didn't feel like dealing with the daggers from the eyes. Anyway, there are some good vintage shots on this series on RFD. And I've liked trains since I can remember.

I thought you were going to say that she saw you turning into a young kid. lol lol
My sons would push you out the way if you got between the TV and them when this program was on. :p
Trains are a subject for the young and old. :D

I once had a conversation with somebody who commented that I knew a lot about old people stuff. When I asked him just what he meant by "old people stuff", he said it was because I knew a lot about planes, trains, etc. :confused:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ice Pilots. I still like it even though not many here do. Nice to see the old planes working the way they were intended to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart