Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lord Brett

New in Town
I just watched the 1969 UFO episode Flight Path as part of a group viewing of a single episode over on the Fanderson forum. Great fun - first time I've done this sort of thing.

DNO

One Too Many
Sandbaggers was the last really great British cold-war era spy series (and made in my hometown of Leeds). The story behind the show's ending is grimly appropriate as its creator, Ian Mackintosh, who was widely thought to have a background in the intelligence serivices, disappeared in July 1979 when his light aircraft disappeared over the Gulf of Alaska. No wreckage was ever found.

Watched the Man In A Suitcase episode Day of Execution last night. If you haven't seen it, imagine The Saint as portrayed by Marlon Brando. His performance enlivened some dull scripts, but Day of Execution was great on all levels.

Didn't know that about the creator...singularly appropriate, though unfortunate. Sandbaggers dumped a bucket of cold water on that whole "spies as dashing, romantic characters" genre. Refreshing. Marsden was wonderfully reptilian.

I saw an episode of The Good Wife the other night. Absolutely risible.

Cookie-cutter plot - The highpower mom, looking after her daughter while working as a lawyer, useless corrupt father, off to jail, and the feisty nosey granmother (his mom) … come on is this what we're reduced to? - and high-school-play level acting. The faux-morality slugging you over the head every 5 minutes or so. Watch out, you might miss it. Zing, hit you again! Total, complete, utter garbage.

Bring back Angela Lansbury, why dontcha? This is on Murder, She Wrote level of crap. re-runs are cheaper …

bk

Last edited:

DonnaP

Familiar Face
Case Histories with Jason Isaacs, based on three books by Kate Atkinson. Watched in on DVD because I missed it when it was on television last year. I'm also in the middle of a Japanese television show called Ataru, about two police officers working with a young man who appears to be autistic, but notices little details that everyone else misses. It's--okay.

Currently watching Survivorman. A much better show than the one where the Idiot stays in a hotel at night and has two camera guys follow him around so that he can mug for the camera the whole time and yet people still like him.

The movie from the seventies? Saw it on Encore a few days ago. I watched it just to remind me how horrible it was (watched longer than I wanted to?) and then I was out of there like a Flash!

:bolt:

No, no, no. The 1950s TV version with Steve Holland and Irene Champlin. :eyebrows:
dale_arden_1936.jpg

Like this for one:
[video=youtube_share;bRnCk5L59mE]http://youtu.be/bRnCk5L59mE[/video]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Really hooked on Spartacus, Blood & Sand. I watch very little television, but I am addicted to this series.
It is incredibly graphic, yet so watchable. In the UK it's on Pick TV, channel eleven on freeview. 10.00pm
Thursday & Friday evenings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24