Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Alone in the Wilderness--I've seen the last half of this at least a dozen times and I can never seem to catch the start of it! I'll have another chance tomorrow night.

"In 1968, Richard Proenneke (1917–2003) chose an idyllic site at Twin Lakes in Alaska's Lake Clark National Park, cut trees, built a log cabin, and became a self-sufficient craftsman, making what was needed from materials available. He recorded his observations there for almost 30 years, until 1995. This program follows Proenneke's day-to-day explorations and the activities he carried out alone, as well as the chain of nature's events that kept him company."

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching a documentary "The Tragic Story of Badfinger".
A great band that seemed to get a lot of breaks but still never understood the music business.

Kermez

A-List Customer
rkwilker said:
I have found that I am enjoying "The Mentalist". Neat show with some good twists. Also...my secret fav..."Ghost Hunters". That's right, I admit it. What can I say...I'm a fan.

My wife and I refuse to watch The Mentalist, as it seems to be too much like our favorite show that we watch together: Psych.

My wife is also a "closet" Ghost Hunters fan, as well.

ortega76

Practically Family
I typically hate reality television, but I am really liking VH1's Sober House and its predecessor Celebrity Rehab. I guess I feel for these people as addicts trying to get clean. Makes me root for them to do something unabashedly healthy. It also provides me with some interesting perspectives of people. Case in point, Rodney King. Who knew he was pretty mellow and exceedingly polite?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Today Monday 26th is Australia Day here in Oz, A Public holiday, I visited my Nana for lunch at her place, Imagine my delight when I found her watching Poirot on TV, re-runs of the 1990's series.

Its being shown every monday afternoon at 12.30 on ABC TV (Australia)
and I didn't even know, too bad it can't be seen in a later timeslot

18611832.jpg

http://www.poirot.us/

Lillemor

One Too Many
There's nothing worth watching on the main stations after Otto Leisner and Lawrence Welk. I used to watch LW in the 90s on PBS.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I watched Lawrence Welk everytime I visited my grandparents in the 1970s--when I see it now I have the strongest memory of lying on my stomach on the shag carpeting watching a console television with the two of them in their matching La-Z-Boys.

I watched the last hour of Wuthering Heights last night and shook my fist at the liberties they took with the ending. I still waffle over the guy who played Heathcliff--perfect voice but physically the jury's out on his suitability. Still, probably the best production of the story I've seen.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Watched the SAG Awards last evening. Then stuff I'd recorded, The Last Templar (concludes this evening, and two episodes of The Beast with Patrick Swayze.

just_me

Practically Family
I tivoed Monk and Numbers and watched them last night.

I also watched Cold Case last night and I thought the hat that the door-to-door brush salesman wore in the 1967 part of the show was very odd looking. I have no idea what it was, but I think the way they styled the brim and the pinch was odd. Did anyone see it?

Lily Powers

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
Today Monday 26th is Australia Day here in Oz, A Public holiday, I visited my Nana for lunch at her place, Imagine my delight when I found her watching Poirot on TV, re-runs of the 1990's series.

Its being shown every monday afternoon at 12.30 on ABC TV (Australia)
and I didn't even know, too bad it can't be seen in a later timeslot

18611832.jpg

http://www.poirot.us/

Oooh, I love Poirot! British series do such a good job on the costumes, vehicles and feel of the era. I wish Poirot was still in production. Diana Rigg stared in "Mrs. Bradley", another British detective series, this one set in the 1920's.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Did anyone see "Cold Case" on CBS Sunday night? The story was set in '67 and the lead character in the episode wore a very striking fedora!:eusa_clap

WH1

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I watched Lawrence Welk everytime I visited my grandparents in the 1970s--when I see it now I have the strongest memory of lying on my stomach on the shag carpeting watching a console television with the two of them in their matching La-Z-Boys.

Great googalymoogaly, this was exactly the way I remember sunday evenings at my grandparents. LW at 5pm, Wild Kingdom at 6pm, Wonderful World of Disney at 7pm eventually it included the Muppet show at 630pm. Funny thing is I was on the west coast and I have talked to numerous generational peers and almost all have identical memories of sunday evening in the 1970's.:)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Watching the American Experience: Oppenheimer right now. Nicely interlaced docudrama - Campbell Scott narrates Oppy's early life, and is cut in with David Strathairn, in character, delivering his testimony from the infamous hearings, and shots of various associates and historians.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Yes! That's exactly the line-up I remember! "We'll wait here while Jim wrestles the mountain lion/captures the boa constrictor/separates the grizzly cubs from their mother"!

WH1 said:
imoldfashioned said:

Great googalymoogaly, this was exactly the way I remember sunday evenings at my grandparents. LW at 5pm, Wild Kingdom at 6pm, Wonderful World of Disney at 7pm eventually it included the Muppet show at 630pm. Funny thing is I was on the west coast and I have talked to numerous generational peers and almost all have identical memories of sunday evening in the 1970's.:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm watching that now too, quite good. I adore Strathairn, he's wonderful.

Fletch said:
Watching the American Experience: Oppenheimer right now. Nicely interlaced docudrama - Campbell Scott narrates Oppy's early life, and is cut in with David Strathairn, in character, delivering his testimony from the infamous hearings, and shots of various associates and historians.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Best of the Colbert Report--so many bits I haven't seen in quite awhile. The Metaphor-Free-Phor-All and Cooking with Feminists never fail to make me laugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21