Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Finished watching season 3 of "Ray Donovan". The acting is uniformly great, Liv Schreiber and Jon Voight are superb. The writing and plot line is cringe worthy in spots but overall pretty good TV
I'd go there. I'm kind of surprised how little talk it gets. Not only because of the above average quality, but it also hits on several pockets of interest. Not enough nudity or gore?

*the critics appear to like it, and it does keep getting renewed. Someone is watching. There are enjoyable stories that aren't ultimately worth discussing.

Last edited:

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Bears VS Raiders game. The Bears won, but just barely (49 yard field goal with 2 second left afterwards). Way too close for my tastes.

I'd go there. I'm kind of surprised how little talk it gets. Not only because of the above average quality, but it also hits on several pockets of interest. Not enough nudity or gore?

*the critics appear to like it, and it does keep getting renewed. Someone is watching. There are enjoyable stories that aren't ultimately worth discussing.

Apparently there will be a season 4 so it must have an audience. The difficulty is keeping the story line moving without it crossing the "stupid"or groaner threshold.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Apparently there will be a season 4 so it must have an audience. The difficulty is keeping the story line moving without it crossing the "stupid"or groaner threshold.
If Kurt Sutter can stay employed, anything is possible. He wrote the worst show maybe ever to disgrace TV, and he got seven seasons out of it and a 2nd series on top of that!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Nova: Arctic Ghost Ship. An astonishing find in the Franklin expedition mystery! Who says there isn't any good TV any more? Truth really is stranger then fiction. [video=youtube;OiUJO9OhQBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiUJO9OhQBU[/video]

Hercule

Practically Family
Yesterday, while folding laundry, I got sucked into a few episodes of Mahattan. It's an interesting and entertaining drama but I don't think it'll be anything I'll pursue. There are lot of anachronisms, especially with the background people, that are distracting and simply ruin the vibe for me. I'd rather read a book about the real thing.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
American Experience: Walt Disney pt.1

Is it really necessary for this to be 2x2 hours? I think not. (I could say the same for Ken Burns, and I love Ken Burns). Maybe I'm not a big enough Disney fan. I'm not sorry I watched it, but I'm dreading another two hours in pt.2.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Fear the Walking Dead
Six episodes equals a season? They must've been worried it would tank.
Now, the waiting begins.
:D
It's f'ing backstory! A mini-season is plenty to build a backstory. The end. Build another franchise rather than milk the ones you got. To have the hopes it would be its own, potentially never-ending series is ridiculous. Same goes for Better Call Saul. It's one thing to build off a series going forward (not something I appreciate either), but to prelude a successful series is a recipe for the ungood. It begs the question: if it was so damn important to the story, then why weren't similar episodes where we started in the first place. Suck the blood of the audience for a half or full season, but then be done. We know where we're head. Between here and there is nothing but quicksand. Are we going to narrowly escape it, or are we going to drown in it? More than a season, and we're drowning in the muck. It's not worth compromising the integrity of it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran