Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
^^^

Glad to hear about that. My wife and I love the story arcs, but really miss the frequent "one offs", you know, just hunting something. We've noticed the lack of the great classic rock soundtrack as well. I supposed that the costs of licensing music was getting expensive.

Good news in any event, and I'm looking fwd to getting home, however briefly!
Yes, I think you'll still enjoy it. I do wonder how much longer they'll be able to keep making the show. This is the 11th season. Usually, hit shows begin to go downhill if they stick around for longer than 10 years, and I'd hate for it to end with a whimper instead of a bang.

Feraud

Bartender
The Walking Dead. Is it safe to say that the incredibly stupid plot device of episode 1 of this season is going to drive the entire season? I think so. That entire dumpster death sequence didn't make any sense. And if he comes back because the old "just screwin' with ya, folks", I think I'm going to stop watching the show. They aren't going anywhere worthwhile with the story if they have to rely on typical TV "dead/nope, not dead" bologna and plot devices that defy reason. Maybe it is a weak spot in the books. I haven't read them. Regardless, I view this present trajectory as weak, low quality.
Agreed. We've been watching since the season 1 and am finding this season as annoying as the one where the gang spent the entire time on Hershel's farm.
I really hate this silly plot device of having to move all the walkers from the pit knowing there is a group out there calling themselves "Wolves". If that's not a red flag for the community I don't know what is!

Last week's episode concerning Glenn made me cringe. It stunk of a "Who Shot Jr" moment.. It feels like a cheap trick and I expect more from the show. Maybe that's on me. Or maybe the show has run its course.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. We've been watching since the season 1 and am finding this season as annoying as the one where the gang spent the entire time on Hershel's farm.
I really hate this silly plot device of having to move all the walkers from the pit knowing there is a group out there calling themselves "Wolves". If that's not a red flag for the community I don't know what is!

Last week's episode concerning Glenn made me cringe. It stunk of a "Who Shot Jr" moment.. It feels like a cheap trick and I expect more from the show. Maybe that's on me. Or maybe the show has run its course.
I gave up on The Walking Dead two seasons ago. I have zero interest in it now, which is a shame because I really did like the first three or four seasons.

DNO

One Too Many
The Romeo Section. Probably not on US TV. This show is a lot like reading an early Le Carre novel...you have to pay attention. Not a show for those whose attention tends to wander!

I'm getting a little wary of The Walking Dead. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'm currently following:
-Hemlock Grove s3
-Sleepy Hollow s3
-Da Vinci's Demon s3
-Black List s3
-Quantico s1

I'm not sure to continue watching:
-Gotham
-Supernatural S11
-Limitless S1

I stop watching:
-American Horror Story
-The Walking Dead
-Blindspot
-ba***rd Executioner

I can't wait for the next season of:
-Banshee
-GoT
-The Strain
-Helix

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Finally caught up on "Gotham". It's not annoying to me yet though I tend to prefer shades of grey to black and white. As to "The Walking Dead", yeah the whole idea of leading a herd of slow moving dynamite 20 or 30 miles is stupid beyond belief. Find all the gasoline and kerosene you can find and start dousing that bowl o' Zom's. Toss in a match and get some marshmallows.

Worf

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The Knick .

I like the time-period & sets.
But at times the scenes can get a little bit bloody.

I visualize the writers sitting at the conference table deciding how more
graphic they can get.

255rqrc.png

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I also watched The Knick (thanks HBO, for providing us non-Cinemax subscribers with a chance to watch!)... but I had to look away during some of the surgery sequences! As 2jakes said, the time period is fascinating and the production/acting/etc. is very good. But geez, you really didn't want to be having surgical procedures in 1901!

Fading Fast: I've been watching Gotham, but I can't really recommend it. While it's excellently produced (that police HQ set is amazing, and I like that its shot in NYC... and uses CGI to make it look more baroque and Gothamesque), it is very, very, VERY tonally confused. It's really schizo: it can't decide if it wants to be a police procedural about young Jim Gordon or an origin story for Batman and his rogues gallery. It does neither especially well, and in its rush to set up the villains it messes up established continuity: could Penguin and Riddler really be that advanced into their classic personas at the same time that Bruce Wayne's only 14? Could Bruce and Selina Kyle really have known each other that young? Anyway, it's a trainwreck... that I can't stop watching.

In other comics TV: Agents of SHIELD ran its best episode ever this week, a real change of pace, nearly all-one-character riff on The Martian. A gripping hour of TV from a series that's typically just okay with occasional exciting moments.

And the Supergirl pilot was pretty good. It got a lot wrong (again, with some strange story choices and making a mess of established Superman continuity), but the actress in the lead is very good, projecting a pleasing Christopher Reeve-like sincerity. While I don't like some of the DNA it shares with The Flash (which I really like) and Arrow (which does nothing for me) - like having a high-tech team watching at a distance backing her up - it gets a lot of points just for being the first female-fronted superhero project in ages. (I adore Agent Carter, but she's a spy, not a superhero.)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Seattle Sounders vs FC Dallas in the Western Conference Semi-Finals. We won 2-1. We match up against them again next weekend in Dallas. The semis use aggregate scoring, so if we can keep Dallas from scoring during the next match, we are through to the next round. Exciting stuff!

Edward

Bartender
Finally caught up on "Gotham". It's not annoying to me yet though I tend to prefer shades of grey to black and white. As to "The Walking Dead", yeah the whole idea of leading a herd of slow moving dynamite 20 or 30 miles is stupid beyond belief. Find all the gasoline and kerosene you can find and start dousing that bowl o' Zom's. Toss in a match and get some marshmallows.

Worf

not easy when you're a couple of years into the zombie apocalypse and resources like that are inredibly scarce.....

And hey, if they're lucky, the zombs will finish off the wolves for them, deployed right. Use their own tactics against them... ;)

Think yourself lucky you're getting series six now - I have to wait until next Summer!

Mostly watching old Doctor Who this week. Great stuff, but it really does hammer home just how dramatically the quality of the show has dropped since Steven Moffat's gargantuan ego took over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart