Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
HBO's Silicon Valley, which just gets better and better.

Even though I work at the other end of the computer industry (in a 30-year-old company making entrenched enterprise software, not a scrappy west coast startup), everything that this show depicts is hilariously TRUE! And this season's new veteran CEO, with his explanation that the company's stock value (not the software) is their actual product, and his totally believable "Conjoined Triangles of Success" diagram (showing how the competing Engineering and Sales departments must find Compromise to achieve Growth), is just staggeringly on-target. Not just (very, very) funny, this show is incredibly perceptive about the tech industry.

Yay!!!! Seems ah've inherited a new job.... henh henh henh,,,, (evil henchman laugh)! Whatta gig.... check in once a day... toss grenades in your general direction.... ah.... now THAT's livin'!

Worf
You will do the job justice. Enjoy. Now get your minions to work. You have to drastically boost your posts total.
:D

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
NCIS. A show I've watched pretty much since the beginning. The second to last episode that Tony's character will ever be in...

A storm blew through my area, a power surge knocked off the tv RIGHT AT THE END! I have no idea what happened. I got the tv back on in time to see Tony rising from his desk and saying "Is that where Ziva's staying?" Or something like that.

I wanted to punch something.

If one of you lovelies, who watches the show, would be ever so kind enough to tell me WHAT HE SAW *breathes* I'd be eternally grateful.

Feraud

Bartender
HBO's Silicon Valley, which just gets better and better.

Even though I work at the other end of the computer industry (in a 30-year-old company making entrenched enterprise software, not a scrappy west coast startup), everything that this show depicts is hilariously TRUE! And this season's new veteran CEO, with his explanation that the company's stock value (not the software) is their actual product, and his totally believable "Conjoined Triangles of Success" diagram (showing how the competing Engineering and Sales departments must find Compromise to achieve Growth), is just staggeringly on-target. Not just (very, very) funny, this show is incredibly perceptive about the tech industry.
I could not agree more. Silicon Valley is a very funny comedy while skewing an industry that placed a halo on it's own head. I would expect nothing less from Mike Judge.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
You will do the job justice. Enjoy. Now get your minions to work. You have to drastically boost your posts total.
:D

Nah, management say's I have to join da union. Local 12, Villains, Thieves and Scoundrels Union. I prefer to slow and easy route... wait around till you post something ridiculous about some hideous movie or show yer' a watchin'. May take a few years but I'll git there!

Worf

The latest episode of "Call the Midwife." The show's time period is now up to the early '60s and there was a scene in which a family went camping - got rained on for the first few days - bailed and went to a hotel. Then, during the "cast interview" afterwards, the director (I think) referenced that she put that scene in to reflect how popular camping vacations where in England in the '60s and how miserable her memory of them were.

Do any of our English members have similar memories?

Nah, management say's I have to join da union. Local 12, Villains, Thieves and Scoundrels Union. I prefer to slow and easy route... wait around till you post something ridiculous about some hideous movie or show yer' a watchin'. May take a few years but I'll git there!

Worf
Fret not, it most definitely will not take that long. :D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Fourth episode of The Night Manager. Now I'm getting nervous. I don't know how this is all going to end (I haven't looked at any spoilers from the book or when this show aired in the UK), but I have a feeling it's not going to end well.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Night Manager mini-series. I'm not sure I've ever watched a show where there might not be a single believable relationship, from top to bottom, and where nearly every situation is absurd. Is the book this outlandish? Or a poor screen adaptation? From how he became the mole to Corky's tolerated behavior to the telegraphed, yet still difficult to buy, kiss and romance to... For my money, this might be the most ill-executed show AMC has aired, and as it moves along, it is getting worse. *The Preacher trailers are looking goofy as heck, so it might not retain worst for long.

The Good Wife series finale. I guess?

Mr.Selfridge. I'm liking how they're handling these final episodes. We'll see if they can deliver a decent final episode, but I'm enjoying it all well enough. I can't say I'll miss this series, but they aren't screwing it up for me either.

The Americans. Easily the best show presently running on non-premium cable TV. To be honest, I don't think anything is close to it. It's far from perfect, and since we might be on the other side of the curve of The Golden Age of TV, we might not get much better than it from here out.

Turn. I wish this was less about relationships and more tactical or something. There's something missing, and I can't put my finger on it. It's a good show. Love the presentation and the cast. AMC is handling it far better than the History Channel would.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Possibly the best episode of the season so far, and that is saying something!

"You've got to bring the right tools"!

And poor Alfred, ye gads! Brucey Boy's trust fund ain't payin' him nearly enough for all the damage his body has taken... just this season alone he's been pummeled, bludgeoned, nearly beaten senseless, shot and now had his calf sliced open. Hell he took less damage defending "Queen and Country" in the S.A.S.! That's either an extreme case of loyalty or masochism I don't know which.

Worf

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
And poor Alfred, ye gads! Brucey Boy's trust fund ain't payin' him nearly enough for all the damage his body has taken... just this season alone he's been pummeled, bludgeoned, nearly beaten senseless, shot and now had his calf sliced open. Hell he took less damage defending "Queen and Country" in the S.A.S.! That's either an extreme case of loyalty or masochism I don't know which.

Worf

Or, he's WELLLLLLL paid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ