Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
The first two episodes of Dr. Thorne, the Amazon series from Julian Fellowes, the creator of Downton Abbey. Only one more episode, which brings a whole new meaning to the expression "limited series." Fellowes himself opens each episode and returns at the end. He's seated in a comfy chair by a cheery fireplace, which must be homage to Alistair Cooke introducing the BBC dramas.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The new Top Gear. Like most American's, I only started to watch the show with the last incarnation. It was later that I learned that there were a lot of former presenters since 1977. So with that, I will give this more of a chance! I wish BBC would air all the former shows going back to 77, like Dr Who, I think it would be fun!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Hell on Wheels. It started off well, but then...ugh.

SPOILER. I never cared for the Swede arc. Good actor, but the role and dynamic interested me little. I really hope this is the end of it.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Because it was hotter than Hades out today, I watched a ton of Supernatural (episodes from seasons 6 and 7). I started at the beginning a few months ago and have been slowly working my way through. I will be caught up after I'm done with season 7.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Last night's Game of Thrones (great one!) and we watched the first episode of Preacher. I have no clue what's going on having never read the graphic novel, but man,what a ride!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Ride with Norman Reedus. pilot. Reedus seems like a really nice, cool guy. Good fella. The rest of this show was pointless. About riding motorcycles, but that footage wasn't particularly interesting. Same results for the coastal, touring footage. Same results for the conversations. Same results about all the other focal points of the show. Capitalize on the popularity of The Walking Dead. This is the kind of half-assed thing I'd expect from the History Channel, but not AMC. Money is money though, correct? It was good to see that Roland guy again. I remember him from Biker Build-Off on Discovery.

Game of Thrones. Decent episode. I can really do without the slapstick dialog. Sorry for saying that yet again, but I cannot stand it. Have to give them credit on The Mountain. Without much new story and resting on what they previously built, I'm sure they're tempted to abuse the potential of The Mountain and an over the top cool violence monster factor. They've shown some restraint. Good for them. They showed similar restraint by not having a huge Dragon Mother entrance. Good for them. That whole deal with Arya was anticlimactic. I didn't care much for how they wrapped it up. It ended how we all knew it was going to end, but in some ways, they didn't earn it. They teased it. They hinted at it. But earned it? I don't know.

I am very late to the dance but just started watching the original British "House of Cards". I think the British version, especially the Frank Underwood character is much more subtle and deviously interesting than the US version.

I am just beginning to watch it. So far so good....it fills the gap after mourning the end of "Deadwood".
Although it never has been able to completely fill that gap. I have Deadwood ranked only behind Boardwalk Empire. Peaky Blinders is coming up quickly behind them. We will probably wait until next week to watch Hell on Wheels so as to have approximately two hours of viewing fun.
:D

Hell on Wheels. It started off well, but then...ugh.

SPOILER. I never cared for the Swede arc. Good actor, but the role and dynamic interested me little. I really hope this is the end of it.
Now that I've seen the episode, I can say I'm pretty sure we've finally seen the last of Thor "The Swede" Gundersen. There are only six episodes left, and bringing Gundersen back after this would be pointless. I didn't particularly care for the character either, but Christopher Heyerdahl played him so well that he was always fascinating to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL