Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I didnt want to userp the movies thread, but with the rise of tv shows on DVD, I love being able to watch an entire season in a week!

I just finished House MD season 3 and was not as enthusiastic about this season as the ladder two. It ikred me how much they let House get into trouble and then surprise, youre not in trouble anymore. :eusa_doh:

Right now Im watching Dexter season one, the showtime series. Its so much fun! I love that actor and I love his deadpan! I can do without the secondary characters sub plots tho, even tho they are amusing.

Im also half way through Heroes, and I gotta say its not as cool as I thought it was gonna be. Anyone who ever was really into comics (raises hand) will see retread of just about any type of comic logic ever known. I really wanted them to concentrate on the modern dynamic of how having powers will effect their life and family, sort of a Peter Parker syndrome if you will. Oh well, we will see what happens.

So, any fave shows you all have seen as of late?

LD

Starius

Practically Family
Dexter was a great series, Lady Day. I've allready gotten my hands on the first two episodes of season 2 and the new season promises not to disappoint as well. A excellent concept of continuation after the storyline of the first season...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I just finished season 2 of the American version of The Office and I really loved it. I thought it was far superior to season 1 in the writing and how comfortable the actors are with their characters. I enjoy how episodes can go from silliness to exasparating behavior to humor and then sneak up on you with something really touching. The commentaries could be better but they're worth watching. Season 3 is being released this week and I've already got my Netflix dibs in--I can't wait!

Dexter intrigued me but I haven't seen it yet. I also have the first season of Arrested Development to watch, pushed on me by an eager friend. I'd like to watch some Strangers with Candy--haven't seen that in awhile and it's one of my favorite series ever.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I love Heroes, which just came out on DVD. I have a load of other shows I Tivo:
Hogan Knows Best
Desperate Housewives
Hogan Knows Best
The Simple Life (yes I admit it)
The 2 Coreys
On the Lot
Ugly Betty
Grey's Anatomy
Pinky & the Brain Seasons 1-3 DVD

timorous me

Familiar Face
Shows I'm watching on DVD these days:

Scrubs
The Office (US) season 2 (season 3 just came out!!)
Dilbert: The Series
re-watching Newsradio season 4

shows I'm watching a lot of on the TV:

Mythbusters
Penn & Teller: Bulls**t
Flight Of The Conchords
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Monk (watching season 1 on DVD, too)
Psych

and I am HOPELESSLY addicted to the network Current - but they have no actual "shows," per se, so I'm not sure that it counts.

Josephine

One Too Many
I just watched Friday's Psych. I also watch House MD, Stargate: Atlantis, Eureka, and Doctor Who. I used to watch Dresden Files but the bastages on Sci Fi canceled it. I've got Burn Notice recorded, but I've only watched the first one so far and I think the DVR has erased the earlier ones as I told it to only keep 5 at a time...

Doh!

One Too Many
Orange County station KDOC has started to rerun Get Smart. I've been watching a lot of those lately.

And loving it!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Wel... Hmmm... I guess It was Dcotor Who then Flash Gordon. flash isn't damy enough for my liking. Doctor Who... Well it's just a great show.

Other than those two I'm trying to catch up on Smallville and getting my fill of the Colbert Report and the Daily show between the regular news chanels.

VegasMike

One of the Regulars
Yay for Doctor Who fans! I've recently become one myself. I just finished season 1, and am working my way through season 2 now. As soon as I get to Season 3, I'll be adding Torchwood to the mix.

I like to mix it up with some Digging For The Truth (Josh has such a nice hat :p), Futurama, Family Guy, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, Heroes...

I actually watch a bit of TV I guess, I'm just picky with it. But once I find a series I like, I'm all into it.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Practically every SVU re-run I can because I'm a nut for that show.
Blue Planet & Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet.
Ghost Hunters. I love that they actually take a grounded approach to investigating potential supernatural activity, and are not sensationalist nonsense like Most Haunted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was supposed to go out last night but I cancelled at the last minute because I realized "The Family of Blood" was on Doctor Who and I decided I'd rather curl up on the couch and see that. It was a good call! Human Nature/The Family of Blood is one of my favorite storylines. Some complained that it was too dark but I loved it and I thought Tennant was exceptionally good. The memorial service at the end with the poppies made me tear up.

I'm still waiting impatiently for disc 1 of Season 3 of the American version of The Office which was just released.

I'm also shaking like I have the DTs because its been 2 weeks (2 weeks!) since a new Daily Show/Colbert Report. As usual, all sorts of fodder for them has come up during the hiatus too. I'm so addicted to those shows; I need my Jon/Stephen fix!

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
I just watched Mad Men episode #8 last night. Haven't had time for TV today, but Monk is next up on tape.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
My son and I watched the latest episode of Monk last night. Sure, it's forumulaic and predictable, but the show's little touches are very entertaining.

I've still got last week's Mad Men sitting on tape: I have to wait until during the week when my kids aren't here to watch that one. (Not because they're too young, but because from my very first mention, they weren't interested. "Who cares about advertising execs in 1960?!?" )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ