Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

towndrunk

New in Town
Weeds on Showtime is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.
Satisfied with Heroes so far... well done in my opinion.
The Tudors on showtime is kinda cool too.

I'm on strike with those people at HBO because they first stopped producing Deadwood with only one more season to go and then on the heels of that heinous act they canceled Rome after the second season. May the gods curse them.

Get a shot of this Louie!

Huell Howser! The KCET PBS host of those Travel Logs, Visiting aka Just Visiting, Road Trips, California's Gold, ETC.

A Sample of what it's like:

The Bead Club member: "Here is the largest collection of glass beads in the United States, Huell"

Huell: "Do you mean to tell me this is the LARGEST collection of glass beads in the United States?!"

Bead Club Member: "Thats right Huell, the Largest collection of Glass Beads in the United States."

Huell: "Gosh!"

:p

Still they are all fun to watch.

KL15

One of the Regulars
24logo.jpg

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
Talk about geeky, I'm currently addicted to the PBS show History Detectives, it's kind of like a cross between CSI and Antiques Roadshow (another favorite). Anyone else watch this?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
John in Covina said:
Huell Howser! The KCET PBS host of those travel Logs, Visiting, Road Trips, California's Gold, ETC.

A Sample of what it's like:

The Bead Club member: "Here is the largest collection of glass beads in the United States, Huell"

Huell: "Do you mean to tell me this is the LARGEST collection of glass beads in the United States?!"

Bead Club Member: "Thats right Huell, the Largest collection of Glass Beads in the United States."

Huell: "Gosh!"

:p

Still they are all fun to watch.

You crack me up--that's exactly what those shows are like!

I'm currently addicted to Globe Trekker, a travel show with many different hosts and very nice cinematography. Ian Wright in particular is very entertaining. I saw an episode on New England today--always funny to see a show about a place where you live or have lived from a tourist's perspective.

Astrobeej

New in Town
Mad Men!!!

DeeDub said:
I just watched Mad Men episode #8 last night. Haven't had time for TV today, but Monk is next up on tape.

I am totally loving "Mad Men". Every episode just keeps getting darker than the one before. The social conventions of the time, especially the attitudes towards women and minorities, are so alien from a contemporary viewpoint that it might as well be science fiction. Everyone is struggling to succeed at the cost of their own humanity. Everyone is hiding something shameful, while looking for anyone exposing just a glimmer of soft underbelly to stick a knife in. The production design is so flawless it looks like they used time machines to go back and film in 1960. The cast of characters is complex and rich and the acting is so good it's easy to forget you are watching fiction. Plus as an added bonus, you come away from watching this thinking "Hey, I guess my life isn't so convoluted and tragic after all."

Beej

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just finished Heros, and I must say, comic book logic aside (cause that is what was used), I felt cheated cause there was no great show down between the two most powerful characters. :p They hat TWO chances to have a show down, one in the present and one in the future, and we get nothing.

All in all I think the world got away from the writers. It got too big faster than I think they were ready for it, so there was so much filler and back story for stuff that didnt matter. Characters that seemed to be important at the start were pushed to the side for a tag line like "Save the Cheerleader, save the world." :eusa_doh:

You could cut down the show by a fill 5 episodes and get a cleaner and better story.

Most every action was predictable to a fault. I was not surprised by much and I really wanted to be.

And how to you use the great Richard Roundtree in the first couple of eps and not ever again until the last. Dead shmead.

Oh well, on to Office season 3 :)

LD

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Lately I have been watching reruns of the Wonder Years and remembering back when the show first aired.

Other than that I have to admit I am excited for Greys Anatomy to start in 2 weeks.

Oh, and I have really gotten into Foyle's War on PBS. Such a good show! :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Emmys. I was rooting for Colbert and he was completely shut out (robbery!) but the bit where he and Jon Stewart gave Ricky Gervais' Emmy to Steve Carell made up for it--hysterical! Love those boys, all three of them.

I can't wait to see what Colbert's writers will do with the fact that he lost to yet another singer--Tuesday's show should be funny.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
The series television shows I have on DVD, and toss in now and then:

Addams Faimly
Green Acres
Fractured Flickers
Titus
MXC
Sledge Hammer
Son of the Beach
Greg the Bunny
Fawlty Towers
The Thin Blue Line
The Young Ones
Cheers
And I wish there were a few more seasons of Night Court available.

And animated shows:

Fractured Fairytales
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Father of the Pride
Tripping the Rift
The Critic
The Oblongs
Family Guy
Futurama
American Dad
Robot Chicken

Recently watched on TV:

About six in a row of Dirty Jobs, just today. Mike Rowe is a crack up!

Lee

"Poo!" - Mike Rowe

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I am currently about 8 episodes into the first season of "I Dream of Jeannie".

MrNewportCustom said:
The series television shows I have on DVD, and toss in now and then:

The Young Ones

Yes! One of the best shows ever :)

nyx

One of the Regulars
I just finished watching "Bottom" seasons 1-3 on DVD. For "Young Ones" fans, it's Adrian Edmundson and Rik Mayall. Very funny!

I also just completed watching "Little Britain," seasons 1-3, "Spaced," seasons1 & 2, and "Black Books," seasons 1-3--although 3 was tough to get because they didn't release it in the US. So we had to get it brought from England by a friend and rig a cheap DVD player to play international DVDs. Stupid DVD system! :rage:

Obviously, I have a theme going on. I love British comedy.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
The Emmys. I was rooting for Colbert and he was completely shut out (robbery!) but the bit where he and Jon Stewart gave Ricky Gervais' Emmy to Steve Carell made up for it--hysterical! Love those boys, all three of them.

I can't wait to see what Colbert's writers will do with the fact that he lost to yet another singer--Tuesday's show should be funny.

What, you mean this little moment?
ap070916037362400lb6.jpg

:)
That was the best part of the night in my opinion. I was hoping something like that would happen, and when it did, that was icing on the cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider