Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
"24", 3rd Season

Last time I turned on a television I watched "24".

I had watched television earlier that day - Fox and CNN's coverage of the Baghdad invasion, and I decided that was it for me. I really hated getting rid of my t.v. with a few more episodes left of "24", but I was resolved.

I have not missed my television, although I confess that I occasionally rent an HBO series on dvd.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched a really good documentary on the National Geographic channel yesterday. It was the story of Bonnie and Clyde.There were interviews with family members of the two, family of the police, and a few living witnesses to their exploits. If you get Nat Geo watch for it!

I watched this too yesterday, came home from work and my folks had it on. Great documentary, really enjoyed it!

KY Gentleman said:
I watched a really good documentary on the National Geographic channel yesterday. It was the story of Bonnie and Clyde.There were interviews with family members of the two, family of the police, and a few living witnesses to their exploits. If you get Nat Geo watch for it!

Canadian

One of the Regulars
I also watched the election coverage. I absolutely love the BBC, because while CNN is prattling about some religious fad, the serious news is on.

Thomas

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I watched the first episode of NBCs Kings. Insanely predictable character outlines, disappointingly so. Once I figured out that they were not jumping through time within the first part of the episode, it was easier to follow.

I look at is as a different reality instead of what its being called; 'If America had a Monarchy'. Seeing it that way makes it interesting, because it is not the America/monarchy scenario. Its completely different. I guess thats the point.

It was just crazy how predictable the character's archetypes are;
-Totally knew the son was gay AND evil. I always root for the evil characters.
-The moment the brother in law of the King said 'got rid of your other woman you loved' I thought: Shes going to be of color, black or hispanic, possibly asian (I was rooting for that) and she will have a kid by him, a boy of course. Bingo!
-The 'I dont get into politics' vapid Queen who is actually completely opposite of that. zzzzz
-The hero soldier and the do good-er princess felt SO forced. *snore*

Their use of religion in it is quite interesting, and Im trying to figure out the 'priest'. I think there is more dimension to him than shown. Im also very interested in the other side that they are/were at war with. I wonder what these people are like. But I doubt the show will go there, it looks like its gonna stay soap opera and not dramatic.

Shame.

LD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
burnnotice_logo1.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
The old Fox comedy series Arrested Development. Great comedy that didn't last long but there will be a movie coming out in the future. I can't wait!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
The Avengers episode, A Touch of Brimstone, where Emma Peel dons her famous "Queen of Sin" outfit. This is not only a great Avengers show, it would inspire X-Men creative team Chris Claremont and John Byrne, who would use not only the Hellfire Club concept in the X-Men comic, but the Queen of Sin outfit for Jean Grey. Another nod to the show is the alias used by Mastermind, who would call himself Jason Wyngarde. Actor Peter Wyngarde played the head of the Hellfire Club in the Avengers episode.

Great entertainment, both.

I see that the Emma Peel Megaset is out of print and is now fetching big bucks ($189.00 and up!) on the secondary market. This was a rare instance of me being on time, as I purchased my boxed set--new-- back in January for $49.00. Hope everyone who wants this has it; I'm sure this will be reissued sometime soon, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy