Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What will, or did you get married in?

Hep Kitten

New in Town
This is what we wore. We had a simple, courthouse wedding. Best day of my life. :)

wedding.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Great photos, everyone! Nashoba, when it came to me to swat the bride with my saber, I was very gentle! Considering that she was the daughter of our Sergeant Major, I though it prudent.

For my own wedding, though, I went traditional, as many others here, with the morning coat. Trust me, I was a lot happier than I look in this photo! I have no idea why this is one of the few that we have electronically, 'cause we have a lot of better ones around.

thewalk.jpg

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Babydoll said:
Thanks. My girls made their dresses as well.

You have a beautiful family, Babydoll. Both bride and groom look so happy together. Here's to many years of happiness together as a family.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Mrs Jordan not being a vintage fan, at my 2002 wedding I wore a hired morning coat of respectable cut plus rented trousers with my own braces, waistcoat, shirt, collar, etc. The braces were purple silk spottys by Albert Thurston whilst the waistcoat was purple linen, six button, four pocket with notched lapels by Hackett. The shirt was a white cotton tunic by Budd, double-cuffed, worn with a matching stiff semi-cutaway turndown collar, also by Budd. The cufflinks were silver chain-link double-ovals with the "Golden Jubilee" hallmark, appropriate as I was getting married in Jubilee year, whilst my front stud was vintage sterling silver. With this I wore a purple, silver and black check silk tie by M&S, a purple silk handkerchief and patent leather Church's Oxfords. By way of accessories I had a vintage silver lapel vase, bought for me by my wife, holding a discreet floral boutonniere, plus a silver single Albert chain (a family thing) with bloodstone fob, anchoring a 1930 J.W. Benson silver half-hunter pocket watch, and (finally) a silver-topped ebony walking cane.

Anthony.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
Great photos, everyone! Nashoba, when it came to me to swat the bride with my saber, I was very gentle! Considering that she was the daughter of our Sergeant Major, I though it prudent.

Probably a wise decision Mojave. The particular Marine who whacked me happened to be one of my husband's best buddies so I never had a chance. lol

Micawber

A-List Customer
Ok, I will bite. Morning suit with black silk top hat, married in the same church that I was Christened in back when everything was still in black and white - the church itself is over 1,000 years old.

Hmmmm - I do look young in these photo's but it was a few years ago now.

WEDDING1.gif

WED02.gif

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Sharp Micawber, sharp!

The church we are looking at here for having the big day is 1,000 years old as well. We're off this week to talk to the powers that be to discuss dates when it's available. Now we've got the "fun" part of organising everything.

Jovan

Suspended
Although I don't see it happening soon at all... morning wear, of course. I'd probably get the services of my friend Erin to do the bride-to-be's dress.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
GraceI got married in the most insanely gorgeous dress I've ever seen...[/QUOTE said:
Do you have any other pictures of this dress--it looks completely stunning!

Everyone looks so great on this thread.

Jovan

Suspended
I would seriously consider getting married in a frock coat like that. Beautiful. I like the relative simplicity of your dress too... less is more, as they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany