Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Favorite Category & Why?

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Excuse me if this has been created before but I wonder which of categories is your favorite? And is that the place to which you mostly post? Or just read more posts than other areas?

I find myself mostly drawn to "General Attire". It goes from cologne to cufflinks to underwear! While I love hats and suits, it is those little things I find in in General Attire that add some style and difference. Someone may not notice the suit is cut a certain way, and you have to take your hat off, but a watch, pocket hankie, or shoes remains on and may (or may not) be noticed by someone.

Let's read about yours!

olive bleu

One Too Many
I mainly divide my time between the Powder Room and the OB. Once i have checked out all the threads that are currenting tempting me in each ,I then just repeatedly hit the "new post" button to see what pops up:)

S

Samsa

Twitch said:
The Observation Lounge is the best place for all the nuts to gather around here. Me included.:)

I'm with Twitch. I still spend time in the Hat section, but as for the others... I have neither the knowledge nor the money to make any worthwhile contributions to most threads in the clothing sections.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I guess I generally don't pay any attention to the actual categories. I just log in and quickly select "today's posts", then scroll down till I find interesting ones. It doesn't seem to matter which room they're in.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Interesting question.

I realized that I allways starts in Outerwear - reading about Irvins and A2's.
From there I drop to General attire and read all the great threads. From Cravats to watches to....you name it!
Then I move to WWII (Can't help it: I am a aviationbuff!)
Might swing in on radio and / or movies...but not every time.
But I allways ends up with all the rest of the nuts in The Observation Bar.:D

Thanks for asking.:eusa_clap

fatwoul

Practically Family
Hats for hats.

Display Case for nosing about other people's houses, furniture and artwork.

Ironically, one of my least favourite sections is Observation Bar. lol

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just curious.

Those of you that said the Observation Bar -- what did you think of it when you saw it for the first time after you signed up?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I mostly stick to the Powder Room and the Observation Bar. I'm a lil lazy even about clicking the new posts button. I should do that more often.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just stick to:

The Powder Room
Beauty
The Golden Era
The Moving Picture
Radio
The Observation Bar

I'm say the Obs Bar is my favourite of that bunch :)

Starius

Practically Family
I always use the "Today's Posts" link under the Quick Links. I know that "New Posts" is more conveniently located, but I don't use that.

As far as actual categories go, I am quite fond of the Display Cace because frankly, I just like looking at stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner