Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When do You Think This Stanley Blacker Camel Blazer is From?

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I got this Stanley Blacker camel blazer off of eBay the other day. This jacket was made for Macy's. I find it rather interesting. I don't know when it's from exactly, but the union label says 12/69 on it. The union label under the writing appears to be the one used between 1968-1976. However, it appears to have printed wrong. The lapels are 2 1/2" wide when the top button is buttoned, and the vent is 9" high. One very unusual feature of this jacket, is that it is fully lined. There is no buttonhole in the lapel at all. In the picture the jacket looks very long, but in reality, it isn't that long. The bottom of the jacket reaches my knuckles. The bottom of the lapel is somewhat rounded. The jacket sleeves have two buttons.

I have looked at some Macy's logos, and it seems that the little lion wearing the top hat, and carrying the cane in the label was used from the 60s, until the early/mid 70s. I could be wrong though. Some examples of clothes bearing the lion logo can be found from searching for Macy's Supre-Macy, or Macy's Supre on Google.

One thing I would like to note, is that it seems that the jacket isn't super warm, or heavy. The jacket does not feel like typical fall/winter weight jackets.

The Jacket.
lySh4ky.jpg

The Labels.

Designed by Stanley Blacker for Macy's Men's Store.
mL67ROm.jpg

The Union Label. This is very interesting. It appears that the label printed wrong, and the workers wrote the date on the label. It seems to say 12/69.
meJK3Pu.jpg

100% Camel Hair.
gDG1TOU.jpg

The Lining.

The Front.
bU1AvEJ.jpg

The Back.
4v3k0LD.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members