Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When Push Comes To Shove...

mikepara

Practically Family
David Lean's Lawrence Of Arabia.

it would have been easier telling which is my worst! Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1987)

Wow! How could I pick just one film?
But I do find myself still engrossed with the GodFather reruns. A bottle of good red..heaping plate of spaghetti..I'm in heaven! Stay outa my territory!
HD

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Caledonia said:
Caddie Shack. Ok, so I'm pulling your leg. Ghostbusters. Waah, ha, ha, hah, gotcha again! :D Ok, and this time it's for real. This is impossible!!!! Number 1 of all time? Nope, sorry, can't do it. Wait - Shawshank, nope, To Kill a Mockingbird. Try True Lies - oooh, actually that one's getting close. Thinks, thinks..... it's a train of thought, a book you just read, a hat you just bought, an art gallery, a landscape, a poem, a play, a kiss, the sound of a train, a plane, a motorcar, the urban vista, a rocket to the moon, it's the mood you're in, what happened that day, it's what eclipses and at the same time explains your experience at the time you're watching it, what stays in your memory, makes you sigh.... ok, coming down......

Deuce Bigalow.

:D :D :D

Royal

New in Town
VivianRegan said:
Ghost World.

That's a great choice. Kind of unique for a "girl movie", in my opinion. And I love Seymour's house.

My personal favourite so far is Vertigo.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
The Good the Bad and The Ugly. Just something about how all the elements of that film mesh together in such away. Its epic but somehow un-grandiose, interesting but uncomplicated story, acting that's just right for the parts, incredible soundtrack, etc = cool beans in my book. The coolest.

Lord Jagged

New in Town
So hard to pick only one but if pushed my one and only favourite would be "School for Scoundrels" staring the ever elegant Ian Carmichael, Terry Thomas and the wonderful Alastair Sim.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Hard One

For Golden Age movies, I would have to say To Have and Have Not, because that is the movie that I fell in love with Lauren Bacall. She is still a nice looking woman. I am also a fan of The Big Sleep. For more of a modern movie, it is The Outlaw Josie Wells, Star Wars Episode IV, Grease, and The Man with Bogarts Face. The actor in this one looks so much like Bogie. It is hard to find, but I do have a VHS copy. Wish I could get it on DVD. It will probably be out soon anyway.

Gray Ghost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran