Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a '40's era suit?

Rupert T. Firefly

New in Town
I found one on etsy but upon receiving it found the measurements were wrong, the material that could be let out was wrong, had fading and pit strains yet described as "excellent" condition. I tried Magnoli but he takes measurements differently than U.S. tailors and I guess that was an issue for him. I check ebay with some frequency. My trouble is that I need a 48 to 50 jacket.

Suggestions on where else to look?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Good luck. I think you are looking in the right places but larger size are damn rare. I take a 46 and I struggle to find much. All I can advise is to keep searching and hope for some luck.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Have a proper talk to Magnoli - there's nothing he can't do. Translating US size is easy. The key is giving him your actual measurements, not the suit size.

R.K.

New in Town
I found one on etsy but upon receiving it found the measurements were wrong, the material that could be let out was wrong, had fading and pit strains yet described as "excellent" condition. I tried Magnoli but he takes measurements differently than U.S. tailors and I guess that was an issue for him. I check ebay with some frequency. My trouble is that I need a 48 to 50 jacket.

Suggestions on where else to look?
I'm in the same boat my friend, 48R 42W. can't find a thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy