Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find authentic reproduction WWII shoes?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I do some WWII reenacting and I have both the What Price Glory repro WAC shoe and the Vintage Ordnance repro USMCWR shoe (2 pair of those!). They are both extremely well-made and extremely comfortable. Well worth the money! I personally did not have any issues with breaking-in time. I would recommend insoles for the WAC shoes though, as they are made like originals and thus have little to no padding in the footbed.

I have a fairly small foot and own quite a few pair of original 1940s shoes, but do not recommend them for every day wear or for inclement weather or extended activity such as dancing. Sadly, I've ruined at least 2 pair of original shoes at swing dances.

I would also recommend looking for websites or shops that cater to the Amish or Mennonites. I seem to remember that some of the ladies here have purchased plain leather oxfords from some of those shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner