Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which A2 would fit me best?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
A lot of John C's jacket descriptions have a 'if you're a certain type of build, this'll suit you' guide contained in them.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
afternoon chaps, any advice on which A2 would best suit a tall and skinny frame? Lately I'm starting to look at them in a new light. Mainly to blame I'd say are BK's facebook postings

Schitz, my personal experience with the Aero Bronco is favorable and one to consider. In the best of worlds you will find one on the rack somewhere and buy it in the spot.

schitzo

Suspended
thanks for that chaps. As ever, with an A2 for me it'll be getting the right length that's the biggest headache. Such a headache in fact that i may well end up going for something else altogether, just to be on the safe side

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
ELC's A-2s are to be had off the rack in American Classics in Covent Garden. They're about £50 over what you'd pay direct from ELC though.

Foster

One of the Regulars
thanks for that chaps. As ever, with an A2 for me it'll be getting the right length that's the biggest headache. Such a headache in fact that i may well end up going for something else altogether, just to be on the safe side

Just remember, if you're tall, a new A2 jacket's sleeves are longer than they will be once they are worn and broken in. So if you try one on and the sleeves are just barely long enough, remember that after wear they tend to shorten. I think this is more the case with horsehide than goatskin, from other posts I have read here on the FL.

Last edited:

thor

Call Me a Cab
The ELC A-2 comes in long (+1") and extra-long (+ 1.5 inches) length so if you're tall and lean, there should be a size that suits you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic