Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Flame Warrior are YOU?

In the chat room that I left for good, the war was mainly between some Cyber Sisters and an Archivist who was originally one of the Cyber Sisters herself. I suspect that they're probably still going at each other hammer and tongs. [huh]

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think I am either the Ego or the Android. Ego for my narcissism, Android because I tend to care less about the content of people's arguments so much as their internal consistency and logic.
So far, in my opinion, again not having read any labels, I would have to give you a badge of gentleman, deep thinker, and very to the point in anything you state.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So far, in my opinion, again not having read any labels, I would have to give you a badge of gentleman, deep thinker, and very to the point in anything you state.

Why thank you. That is a very complimentary spin on my personality.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
awww.... I love you for that. I've had a bad week and you just made it better :)

By the way, you're nailing everyone you've mentioned :D

I have but to only see them for whom they are, no more and of course, no less.

I think for the most part, those I review seeing post here on the Lounge are a vary large group of decent people. I am really very happy that I found the Lounge and am able to participate.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am waiting for more to show up here, I would like to label Mr. Lyles, (scholar and gentlemen, with wit added)...HD true American with deep rooted faith in his own courage to stand up and say it like it is. Let's see, if Marc shows here, what can you say? Dashing educated, short spoken and like one that is a professional fencer, won't waste time hitting the point, thrust, (sword back in sheath) done sir, have a nice day! But always done with class and charm.

Oh the list could go on for a mile...label us all "loungers" and for the mass of us, label us "good"!

Pompidou

One Too Many
I think it is curious how some would like to label themselves....but perhaps much more interesting how others might actually label them.

If others want to run through the list of Flame Warriors and target me, they've got my support. I'm largely unoffendable. I'll do likewise if requested, but I'd really prefer others also take up that torch, so that this thread doesn't morph into a "Pompidou tells you what stereotype you are" thread.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think it is curious how some would like to label themselves....but perhaps much more interesting how others might actually label them.
True, it is easy to desire to look at someone else, yet I think at times harder for us to see what others may about us!

rue

True, it is easy to desire to look at someone else, yet I think at times harder for us to see what others may about us!

You know... I think of myself more as mother than anything else on here. I make sure everyone is okay (pat them on the back when they're doing well, give them a shoulder to cry on) and make sure no one gets out of hand, but I know I have my moments where I act like a kid too, so I'm not sure.

I know I see a lot of Loungers that fit the descriptions given, but I'm not saying who is who :p

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You know... I think of myself more as mother than anything else on here. I make sure everyone is okay (pat them on the back when they're doing well, give them a shoulder to cry on) and make sure no one gets out of hand, but I know I have my moments where I act like a kid too, so I'm not sure.

I know I see a lot of Loungers that fit the descriptions given, but I'm not saying who is who :p
Mix it up for me, I can not ever feel so old to not be a "ham" and keep my sense of humor. I too, find that it is best for me, to not allow anything to really rob me of how I think or express my own viewpoints about life.

In the long run, really, the majority are really great Guys and Gals, and I am thankful for all that I read and learn from being here.

Historically, I have always liked to dress well, never knew much about "hats" or the vintage clothing, as much the same holds true for so many of the other hundreds of topics and knowledge shared on the Lounge. Now, I am learning and enjoying it all. And this part of the boards, wow, it is a blast! My Wife sits next to me at times and we are both laughing within the humor and also see how good and friendly for the most part, everyone is. Got to love it, hands down!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The problem with that is, if everyone doesn't play nice then this could be another thread that gets shut down real fast [huh]

Perhaps...but to me, everyone is being rather mature (given even with my overt display of silly humor) dashed in with a level of kindness. I think perhaps we are safe and have no fear of the ticket patrol on this thread!

The problem with that is, if everyone doesn't play nice then this could be another thread that gets shut down real fast [huh]

Yes..of course you are right,Lolly...and if everyone was completely honest there could be some resentment. It's probably best left to how we think the labels discribe us personally. Otherwise..if it's not complimentary toward others...leave it alone....

I think the one that in general best describes the Lounge is Eagle Scout. Please note that even though much of the descriptions poke fun at the different types, I do recognize some positive aspects as well. And so I would like to stress that this post is in the latter vein.

"Eagle Scout is a positive, constructive Warrior who endeavors to submit original articles which contain useful content and relevant information with supporting citations and links, thus initiating meaningful discussion threads. Eagle Scout regards the internet as an uplifting, egalitarian, worldwide arena for the exchange of ideas among intelligent, thinking individuals. He does not openly attack, but will (ever tactfully) chastise disruptive comments, gratuitous insults and cretinous insipidity. He is always kind and helpful to Newbie, and will shrug off even the most egregious insults."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou