Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Flame Warrior are YOU?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to think I'm mostly the Big Cat:

bigcat.jpg

Big Cat would rather not fight...he enjoys peacefully observing forum conversations and laconically participates when the moods strikes. He playfully chases interesting threads, and from time to time uses a Newbie or Propellerhead as a convenient scratching post. He enjoys being stroked or petted, and tends to purr loudly. CAUTION: Don't be fooled by his fuzzy, playful exterior. When provoked, Big Cat reacts with lightning speed and almost always lands on his feet after an attack. Big Cat often indulges himself by toying with his victim before delivering his lethal blows.

Meow :cool:

Unlike Profundus Maximus, Philosopher can actually be quite knowledgeable on a variety of subjects. Somewhat humorless and aloof, he is also slow to anger, and when he deigns to join in the fray he is considerate of other opinions. His fighting tactics are direct and uncomplicated - he smothers the opposition with his ponderous and lengthy cogitations. Only the strongest and most patient Warriors can survive an extended battle with Philosopher.

That's a really fun website, Andykev. The massage board is very humerous. I actually think trolls can be hilarious. They are a very important part of discussion forums … I'm amazed by how consistently people take the bait.

bk

Last edited:
Yes, I must say that there's something compelling about that image. Perhaps even shades of Twilight Zone. lol I'm not even a cat person but I'd love to be able to find a print of that image. It always makes me laugh.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I found that whole site fascinating. Most of us don't seem to fit wholey into any single category, although may have some traits from more than one. At least, that's how I see myself.

Mojito

One Too Many
I think we do go through phases...some years ago, a friend familiar with the site pointed me towards "duelist" - as I'd been sparring with the same antagonist across about five different forums over a few years (very politely, but absolutely implacably). As the action on one forum eased, we'd encounter each other in another and it would be on again. I also went through my "tireless rebutter" phase...possibly, I think, a hangover from constructing university papers in which each point raised by an opponent had to be addressed or the pros and cons of an hypothesis had to be dissected in detail. Unfortunately I had a tendency to pursue it to the 9th degree, as long as there was still something to rebut.

I don't really have the energy anymore - serious flame wars tend to burn out pretty quickly because it's hard to sustain that intensity, and I really don't like the idea that I might be wounding someone on the other side of a keyboard.

Pompidou

One Too Many
I think we do go through phases...some years ago, a friend familiar with the site pointed me towards "duelist" - as I'd been sparring with the same antagonist across about five different forums over a few years (very politely, but absolutely implacably). As the action on one forum eased, we'd encounter each other in another and it would be on again. I also went through my "tireless rebutter" phase...possibly, I think, a hangover from constructing university papers in which each point raised by an opponent had to be addressed or the pros and cons of an hypothesis had to be dissected in detail. Unfortunately I had a tendency to pursue it to the 9th degree, as long as there was still something to rebut.

I don't really have the energy anymore - serious flame wars tend to burn out pretty quickly because it's hard to sustain that intensity, and I really don't like the idea that I might be wounding someone on the other side of a keyboard.

Tireless Rebutter is a persona that I took up on the realization that nothing good can come from a conversation where everyone agrees - especially when such conversations arise with frequency. I learn the most when people have to include a "why" in their posts. Once in a while, others learn a thing or two as well. When I'm here, I'm very careful that I never look like "The Duelist". There are a few people here with nearly polar opposite views/experiences on everything from me, and I actually began biting my tongue. I feared it might begin looking personal. Otherwise, it's just a reflex for me to post a lengthy disagreement - one line quips aren't my thing. I don't care to change, but I'm pretty self-aware. I tend to value quite a few of my character flaws.

..It can become a 'Me' thing. An egocentrical insistance that 'I' can actually argue either side of the discussion..and am quite good at it..even if I say so myself. Making it more argumentative 'I' can push any thread to the verge of quarrel just to force specifics of your proof. It should never be viewed as 'troll-like' behavior since it is not only entertaining to me..but should be educational for all those involved...or dare stay involved. With this comes a sense of pride with my performance which,of course,is the dominate aide to most any discourse.

Pompidou

One Too Many
..It can become a 'Me' thing. An egocentrical insistance that 'I' can actually argue either side of the discussion..and am quite good at it..even if I say so myself. Making it more argumentative 'I' can push any thread to the verge of quarrel just to force specifics of your proof. It should never be viewed as 'troll-like' behavior since it is not only entertaining to me..but should be educational for all those involved...or dare stay involved. With this comes a sense of pride with my performance which,of course,is the dominate aide to most any discourse.

True - not everybody can do it right. I know a few people who can argue one side till you change and then change sides and argue even more, but I'm more interested in my own opinions than arguing someone else's for sport. It'd do me no good at all to win an argument in such a way that when all is said and done, I disagree with them. I try never to leave a place worse off than I found it, and successfully giving everyone faulty opinions by arguing the side I don't agree with would make me feel bad.

Was there a flame warrior that was labeled "laugh to death"????? weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ololololololo!

Not specifically, but a combination of flame warriors could be dissected and put together to get something close. There is a random gibberish guy and an evil clown - neither apply to you, but you might get something close to your penchant for random enthusiasm - at least in spirit. Clowns, random insanity.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
True - not everybody can do it right. I know a few people who can argue one side till you change and then change sides and argue even more, but I'm more interested in my own opinions than arguing someone else's for sport. It'd do me no good at all to win an argument in such a way that when all is said and done, I disagree with them. I try never to leave a place worse off than I found it, and successfully giving everyone faulty opinions by arguing the side I don't agree with would make me feel bad.

Not specifically, but a combination of flame warriors could be dissected and put together to get something close. There is a random gibberish guy and an evil clown - neither apply to you, but you might get something close to your penchant for random enthusiasm - at least in spirit. Clowns, random insanity.

I can get that way...must be my aftershave! weeeeeeeeeeeeee......! lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou