Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which ribbon treatment do you like better on this hat?

laotou

One of the Regulars
CRH said:
I'd leave well enough alone in this situation, however.

I don't think a ribbon has to match the binding. You could just match the ribbon to your socks, or your socks to the binding or whatever.

Hey, look what happens around here when somebody mentions Whippet or Gay Blade (snicker lol)...Sorry... this place starts cackling like a hen house.

Just make sure your socks match so you don't embarrass the women in your family. ;)
This reminds me of when I learned that Argyle does not go with dark blue. I was wearing an Argyle suit with dark blue socks.
I like the thin ribbon best. BTW

The hat appears to be in fine condition. I wouldn't alter anything original. If you are not going to wear it as is I would look to sell or trade.

Justdog

Practically Family
Razzman said:
I picked up this vintage adam OR clone a year or back. I'm trying to descide if I should keep it a thin ribbon or use this wide ribbon instead. Looking for your opinions!

Thin

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
I`m a fan of the wider ribbons but not this time,my friend.That original thin ribbon adds a slightly rugged and out-of-doors feeling to an otherwise dressier hat. Like maybe...yeah...it`s Open Road`s sophisticated older brother?

:rolleyes:

Leave as is,imho.

HMH

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
I have a ribbon question that I was hoping some of you loungers could help me with.

I just bought a Stetson Stratoliner that comes with a thin ribbon. However, I want to replace the ribbon with a wide ribbon. Is that a "no, no?" Are there rules about what kind of ribbons (size, color) can go on a certain type of hat?

carldelo

One Too Many
AXL DEMOCRACY said:
On the Stetson Stratoliner?

AXL, you're probably going to have to post pictures of the Stratoliner to get answers to your question. I (most?) would be very hesitant to modify a bona-fide vintage Stratoliner unless there was something wrong with it.

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
AXLDEMOCRACY

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
carldelo said:
Oh man, I wouldn't change a thing on the lid - it's a classic, and pretty rare, I believe.

I don't see anything about AXL's Stratoliner (in this picture anyway) that makes me think it's a particularly rare model. But rare or not, my vote is to leave it alone. ;)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Razzman said:
I picked up this vintage adam OR clone a year or back. I'm trying to descide if I should keep it a thin ribbon or use this wide ribbon instead. Looking for your opinions!

My reaction is that the thin one is much better. I am not a fan of wide ribbons at all. But even if I were I think the thin ribbon is the better option for that hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy