Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskey

TomS

One Too Many
I'm a fan of corn whiskey. I like Glenn Thunder quite a bit. Nothing expensive, but a very nice treat!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I don't know whiskey all that well, but recently had some Glenfiddich I like a great deal, as well as a tasty jar of Ole Smokey's Apple Pie Moonshine for a little treat.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Laphroaig 10yo or Lagavulin 16yo and a glass (not a drop o water), then repeat. I like my booze like I like my women: strong, smoky, slightly salty. I find that combination is never regrettable in the morning

alsendk

A-List Customer
irish Redbreast whiskey to take another example
redbreast.jpg
[/IMG]

One of my absolute favorites of all, - Whisky or Whiskey

Last edited:

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
I know that the price of good whisky has been mentioned. I make it a general rule to only have one dram of single malt whisky a night (or tastes of several, totalling less than one drink). If I want to continue I switch to another, cheaper drink. I have realized over the years that with each drink in my system my ability to appreciate quality drops.

m0nk

One Too Many
Jameson, Powers, and Tullamore Dew for Whiskey...

Glen Livet and The Macallan for Speyside Whisky, and McClelland's for Highland Whisky.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like Scotch single malts. Somehow they hit the spot for me, and besides beer and wine, that's the only thing I want to drink. At the liquor store my best results have come when I spend above $50 for a bottle. Being broke for the last few years, I haven't bought one of those lately. But to some degree I think you get what you pay for in Scotch. Would not buy the blends apart from Chivas, or I suppose a Johnny Walker super label might be OK. Basically I think other grains harsh up the liquor, and I don't like it. Personally I'm not a drinker of bourbon or rye because they're just too sweet for me. I think whiskey is great, but it's got to be excellent Scotch for me. May I add in postcript that I like Irish whiskeys, and there is an obscure Canadian special whiskey called "Bush Pilot" that is excellent.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Looks like you started the right post. For me I am like you Jim Beam for my average drink, but when I want a little more I go for bushmills Irish whiskey. Another Irish whiskey is Powers, although sometimes a little hard to find. If you are ever in Colorado or around try Breckenridge bourbon. I could not believe how smooth it was. Living in the heart of bourbon country I was surprised that someone from the west could compete with us hillbillys. If you like Jack spend a little more and get gentleman jack. Worth the extra $. And if all else fails go with KY. moonshine, if it doesn't kill you then put it in your gas tank.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Dawsonville, Ga., is celebrating its moonshine history by allowing a distillery to set up in its municipal building.

DAWSONVILLE, Ga. — Moonshine distillers are making their first batches of legal liquor in this tiny Georgia town's city hall, not far from the mountains and the maroon, orange and gold canopy of trees that once hid bootleggers from the law.

A handful of moonshine distilleries are scattered around the South, but observers say this is the first they've ever seen right in a city hall. The distilleries come amid an increased interest in the U.S. for locally made specialty spirits and beer brewed in homes and micro-breweries.

http://news.msn.com/us/moonshiners-set-up-shop-in-ga-city-hall

Auld Edwardian

A-List Customer
I like Scotch single malts. Somehow they hit the spot for me, and besides beer and wine, that's the only thing I want to drink. At the liquor store my best results have come when I spend above $50 for a bottle. Being broke for the last few years, I haven't bought one of those lately. But to some degree I think you get what you pay for in Scotch. Would not buy the blends apart from Chivas, or I suppose a Johnny Walker super label might be OK. Basically I think other grains harsh up the liquor, and I don't like it. Personally I'm not a drinker of bourbon or rye because they're just too sweet for me. I think whiskey is great, but it's got to be excellent Scotch for me. May I add in postcript that I like Irish whiskeys, and there is an obscure Canadian special whiskey called "Bush Pilot" that is excellent.

I also like a good single malt Scotch, and yes you do get what you pay for. I do not purchase it that often as I would like since it is on the pricy side, not that it is not worth every farthing mind you. My late Grandfather always advised, "Never drink cheap liquor, and always measure your drinks." Not bad advise to live by. So you know it is always good to avoid "Thunderbird," even if it happens to be their "reserve stock.":D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I was going to ask if anyone had tried any of the "Old West", or "Red Eye" old west style whiskey's, but I couldn't find anything on line to ask about. High West Distillery has some different types but they're sold out so who really cares?

Oh Well

I now have Rittenhouse 100 Rye, Old Overholdt Rye, Sazarec Rye, Jefferson's Rye, Jim Bean Bourbon, Famous Grouse Scotch, Laphrioag Scotch, Jamison's Irish, and some interesting Moonshine flavored with apple pie. Oh well, I haven't finished any of the bottles yet...

Later

Jens_Hoppe

New in Town
1. Redbreast 12 year Ireland
2. Ardbeg 10 year. Islay
3. Lagavulin 15 year. Islay
4. Caol Ila 10 year. Islay
5. laphroaigh 15 year. islay
6. Bowmore 15 year Islay
6. Bunnahabhain islay
7.Bruichladdich
I am a big fan of Scotch single malts. What's interesting, though, is that my tastes seem to have changed over the years: 10 years ago, my list would have looked a lot like this one, dominated by peaty Islay whiskies. But lately, I've sort of lost my taste for the Laphroaigs, Caol Ilas, and Lagavulins, and tend to prefer something a little less harsh now. For instance, Highland Park or Talisker.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Not too many whisky lovin ladies chiming in here, but we're out there :)

For some reason I like to drink bourbon ( Bulleit, mainly),in the summer and Scotch in the winter.

I am currently enjoying making my way through a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta, which I received for Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk