Whites Boots Farmer-Rancher black 11A/10.5AA

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by AeroFan_07, Nov 30, 2021.

1. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Here is a confusing pair of White's Farmer-Rancher boots, that are "tried on new" with detached tags & black nylon laces, but no original box. Catch & release on this from ebay, details were scarce on original ad, so I will try to provide as much detail here as I can.

$275 Shipped CONUS - Pay Pal "Normal" - what I have in them

Details:
    • Not stamped with size; this is not typical for White's.
    • Stamping instead says: "255 5 11 18" - suspect the "11-18" is a date code (see photo)
    • Left Boot seems to be "11 A" - I can get it on and laced, it's very snug, but can be worn (my feet are typically 11 C in White's to be comfortable).
    • Right Boot seems to be "10.5 AA" - I can just barely get my foot into it, much too tight in the width, and the boot appears slightly shorter too.
    • When received, boots are in good condition however leather seemed dry but not cracked at all.
    • I oiled these several times with Fiebling's leather treatment that soaked in well, they have softened noticeably.
    • Have mini-Vibram soles and Quabug heels - in new condition.
    • Hand lasted, Hand bottomed, stitch-down construction boots
    • Boots both outside measure ~4.5" wide at widest part, and LH ~ 13.75" long, RH ~13.5" long
    Photos:

IMG_8920.JPG IMG_8924.JPG IMG_8925.JPG IMG_8926.JPG IMG_8928.JPG IMG_8930.JPG IMG_8931.JPG IMG_8934.JPG IMG_8935.JPG

2. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

I had a pair of white's boots made with left and right boots in different sizes. No size is stamped on the boos. I went through Backer Boots and paid no upgrade for using two different lasts

3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

I suspect that is what happened here. I tried to ask what the size was of the boots before buying them, the seller could only tell me "11" I took a chance at the price point.

Now listed on ebay too, but a better deal here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/154728804890

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

$199 shipped CONUS...