Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who can't wear lipstick?

Nigel Fisher

New in Town
This is not me. This is my sister, who has not registered an account.

What works absolute best for me is actually Ben Nye stage makeup. I hate lipstick smudges, smears, lines, and a boy afraid to kiss me - this solves all of those problems. It is a pure bright red and a bit of gold or clear gloss over works perfectly and it stays all day, through food and kisses. I have pretty plump lips, but my roommate's are nearly nonexistant...she wears either liner, or she wears concealer plus gloss and it looks tacky on most but wonderful on her and plumps up her lips. She is very very pale, blue undertones, bright blue eyes and a huge forehead, so bringing out her lips can be important.
But for me...stage makeup all the way.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I , also love the Burts Bee's products, but i have recently also been using the SOFTLIPS-tints, i wear plum.it is just a whisper of very sheer light colour,a nd tastes delicious;)

I personally feel, if you don't like the feel of lipstick, and that it doesn't become you, you should not feel like you need to force the issue.Who cares?

For myself, I feel i look very pale and lifeless without some colour on my lips, and wouldn't take the trash out without itlol ...well, you just never know;)

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I feel that if you want to wear something (lipstick for example) but aren't used to wearing it- or find ones that suit you... You won't be comfortable when you first try them. EVERYONE can look good in lipstick- and reds. You just have to get over that mental block. You may think you look ridiculous, but others may think it's lovely.

It's like when I used to sell makeup. WOmen want to wear red lipstick so bad, but all they are used to is lipbalm. I'd throw on a red and it would be spectacular, but they would hate it. Id have to baby step them up to that. Started off with a soft rose or maybe a raspberry gloss so they get used to color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran