Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has white streaks?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My new hair color is black with a white streak in the fringe. After my first shampoo and set, I've noticed that the white looks a bit gray and slightly lavender-ish. How can I get rid of that tint and how do I keep the black from bleeding onto the white?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Oh gosh, i used to have a white streak in my fringe and tint the rest of my hair, I used to get a shampoo by Aveda called Blue Malva which i used to paint on my streak once a week, to keep it nice and bright. My problem was that my streak used to go a bit yellow-y rather than lavender, and the Blue Malva is for brightening blonde, white or grey hair so i don't know if this is any help to you. I also used to wrap my streak in tinfoil and wash the rest of my hair seperately too, to stop my tint from running.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That's what I should have done (head slap!) Since it didn't run while I was coloring it, I didn't think it would run. I have something similar called Shimmering Lights shampoo, but it's lavender from the blue black tint on the rest of my hair. Right now, that would make it worse.

crwritt

One Too Many
That's what I should have done (head slap!) Since it didn't run while I was coloring it, I didn't think it would run. I have something similar called Shimmering Lights shampoo, but it's lavender from the blue black tint on the rest of my hair. Right now, that would make it worse.
I think you have to wash carefully, separating the white streak out and rinsing the black separate from the white. Clip the black aside, wash your white streak, then clip the white streak aside and wash the black.Mixing some red gold corrector with your conditioner will do better than the Shimmer Lights shampoo, those shampoos are very drying.
Oh, I just read Lina Sofia's post. Wrap it in foil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran