Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is an Aero Size 46 - good buy on eBay

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Thanks again OTH.
I will look into those options. I will most likely order a jacket with no or very few options. I really like the Pioneer but my belly is bigger than my waist or shoulders! I have the physique of a 7 month pregnant lady. I need to lose a bunch of weight. I just need to find the willpower.

Hmmm... don't we all!

Peacoat

Bartender
Wilbur, thanks for the write up on Taylor. I agree about the quality of the goat and the quality of workmanship. I have a Taylor goat police jacket that is well made with a very nice hide. I too, think they could expand their business model by getting some thick cow or hh from Chicago and moving more into the higher end market. You and I could be the ones to show them how to do it.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, we need to see a picture of you wearing your most recent acquisition. It makes all of us glad to hear how you came about the Aero and the circumstance in which you actually drove to take possession.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hello Everyone:

Hope y'all are having a great Saturday! I just finished a great conversation with Fanch discussing the merits of various horse hides and Aero leather jackets in general. He was in Chattanooga today for a reunion of classmates.

Well my very patient wife has been kind enough to take a few photos of the Highwayman that "Horsehide" pointed out on Ebay and I was fortunate enough to snare.

Thanks "Horsehide" this is a keeper!

I will use this mainly for business as the sleeves aren't perfect for riding. However it did get used on the bike Friday when I went into work.

020_zps67ec9c79.jpg

013_zpsa9613cb8.jpg

017_zpsf97482d1.jpg

018_zpsf43e3a32.jpg

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
Great fit. I think the sleeves would be OK for riding. They are perfect for a street jacket, and should fit the bill for riding as well. Congratulations on a good fit.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, those are great photos, and I don't see how the jacket could possibly fit any better. You truly hit a home run with that one. I thoroughly enjoyed discussing jackets with you as well as motorcycles. I also came to a whole new appreciation of FQHH, especially brown vintage.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Wilbur, those are great photos, and I don't see how the jacket could possibly fit any better. You truly hit a home run with that one. I thoroughly enjoyed discussing jackets with you as well as motorcycles. I also came to a whole new appreciation of FQHH, especially brown vintage.

Fanch,

If you decide to take the plunge and get a bike be sure and take the Riders Safety Course. Most States teach it for a relatively low cost and it will be educational. They provide the bikes too and I highly recommend it. Also Harley offers The Riders Edge Course which is excellent and they also provide bikes. I have taken both and they are similar but I personally got more out of The Riders Edge. It was more expensive and one day longer but both are good though.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, could you comment on what you perceive to be the difference between the vintage brown FQHH and brown FQHH in terms of flexibility and break in period?

trapp

Practically Family
That is a great, comfortable looking fit. Personally, the sleeves don't look a bit too short to my eye and I lean toward longer sleeves. You must be very pleased with the entire experience (super well-fitting jacket at bargain price with no wait-time.)

Out of curiosity, is the collar detachable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm