Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who reblocks hats around here?

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:

I'm willing to reblock your best hats, but only if they're a size 7 1/4...and only if I don't have to send them back to you. ;)

Thanks for the help Mark, but you're talking to the wrong guy. My hat collection has all of two hats.;)

Los Angeles Area

I had cleaning and reblocking done along with a resizing and replacement of Ribbon Sweat and liner by Baron Hats in Burbank, and they seemed to have done an excellent job for me. I brought the hat there, after emailing first and spoke with Mark personally before any work was done.

Others have mentioned some communications difficulties, but I did not experience that. I do believe that bringing the hat to them and the one on one with Mark was a good way to go on this.

Their web site does not mention cleaning, reblocking or restoration services so you may wish to email them or call before going.

Also: as Hatters to the Stars you may see some interesting and controversial provenance shown on their site, I am not putting this here to open that discussion, just listing where I went and had good work done.

http://www.baronhats.com

If you are local and can go there, I'd say very much worth a try.

Arctichighlandr

New in Town
JW selling business

feltfan said:
I know other hatters, such as JW in Utah, have been suggested. Someone else here recommended American Hatters in Bethesda
(http://members.aol.com/VCorvelli/hatter.html). Dinerman or other
MD area members- are you familiar with this outfit? Anyone know of others? Have any experience with JW or American Hatters for renovation? Thanks.

When I went to JW's web site a couple weeks ago it said their store was for sale. When I emailed asking about restoration/replacing a sweat band I never received a response. So I assume they are no longer an option either.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Arctichighlandr said:
When I went to JW's web site a couple weeks ago it said their store was for sale. When I emailed asking about restoration/replacing a sweat band I never received a response. So I assume they are no longer an option either.

Give his 800 number a call. J.W. doesn't respond well to e-mail, as he doesn't care much for the Internet.

His store has been for sale for a while now.

Brad

RedPop4

One Too Many
I just called "Meyer the Hatter" in New Orleans.
RedPop: "Do you all do re-blocking and restoration?"
MtH: "No, sure don't. Our man retired two years ago."

:( :( :(
There MUST be an opportunity for at least one or two persons here to make a bit of cash, if not a passable living doing restoration work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart