Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's Who in the A-1 jacket world?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Impressed by the knowledge and willingness to share! I am leaning towards going for an ELC A-1 for now. I love how the Real Mccoy's A-1 looks and the leather looks stunning, but it seems to be quite boxy and short... or am I wrong? I won't be able to try it on due to geography, so it would be a big leap of faith...
When it comes to GW, I really want to put in an order for a GW A-2 and sit back and wait for that for a year or two. My argument for this wouls be quality and historical accuracy of the GWs A-2 production. I guess this would be for a different thread, but any tips as to a fitted model of the GW. My understanding is that the GW Bronco in horse hide would be a fairly slim and classic jacket. Any oppinions? So many beautiful models to choose from there!

Just FYI GoodWear wait is not 1 or 2 years.
I waited 5 years with no contact from John before i lost it and asked for a refund, some people on the forum are at 6 years wait and counting.
Unless you are one of the chosen ones JC will take your money and proceed to ignore you for however many years he judges appropriate.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
image.jpg
5 Star makes a nice A-1 in Goat that is a great value
Five star after a couple of wears
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 656

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer
Just FYI GoodWear wait is not 1 or 2 years.
I waited 5 years with no contact from John before i lost it and asked for a refund, some people on the forum are at 6 years wait and counting.
Unless you are one of the chosen ones JC will take your money and proceed to ignore you for however many years he judges appropriate.
Ha, Ha, I highly doubt that I am one of the chosen ones ;D I will take my chances, though. A good reason to stay in shape for the next few years if I put in an order for a fitted A-2...

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If you’re in the market for an A-2, then Good Wear is the best hands down IMHO. The choice is wider where the A-1 is concerned, but my preference would still be the ELC for the capeskin jacket.
If I can just persuade @johnlever to part with his...

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I owned a Eastman A1 for a couple of years and liked it,but wasn’t particularly fussed with the cape skin,I thought my example was pretty bland.That was sold to a respected member here.
I replaced it recently with a goatskin jacket by headwind,top class in every way & happy to say I’m delighted with it.I haven’t had much time to get any patina on it but I’m sure it will get better and better.
44A76CDF-B3D3-4521-83A6-1FFBE3487F2F.jpeg
D303EF8E-26C3-4A8C-AB72-807F1AE8558D.jpeg
A3E78B2A-0956-40B8-8B36-6411621474CF.jpeg
C8AE5CE8-795E-4011-A880-CA79D11ED371.jpeg

CBI

One Too Many
Yes, my Headwind was really about as good as my Eastmans.

Since this is going a bit off the rails, just a bit. I have to say in all due respect and its just totally me but I really dislike the timeworn A-1's. They are just too shriveled up and I think look kinda terrible. Its like you are wearing someone's foreskin or elephant hide or something. Just not my cup o tea. They kind of look like the jacket really is close to 100 years old..... It's a look I just don't like. Not meaning to offend John or Gav. I know they are quality products! :) To each his own.......

Ole K. Vik

A-List Customer

Since this is going a bit off the rails, just a bit. I have to say in all due respect and its just totally me but I really dislike the timeworn A-1's. They are just too shriveled up and I think look kinda terrible. Its like you are wearing someone's foreskin or elephant hide or something. Just not my cup o tea. They kind of look like the jacket really is close to 100 years old..... It's a look I just don't like. Not meaning to offend John or Gav. I know they are quality products! :) To each his own.......
I kind of agree that the time worn seems to be a bit over the top for my liking. If I mange to create the wear myself over time I am all in, but it would feel like cheating to buy it like that. I ended up ordering the regular Eastman A-1 today. Super excited about it and so happy about the help I got here!

John Lever

One Too Many

To clarify...
My A1 is NOT Time Worn...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider