Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's your favorite "blues" guitar player? (dead or alive)

Mighty44

One Too Many
Agreed about Mike Bloomfield—was just listening to East West, still so thrilling!

My other vote would be for T-Bone Walker—seriously under appreciated these days but so influential. If Keith Richards stole everything from Chuck Berry, Chuck Berry certainly borrowed a lot from T-Bone.

David

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Sometime when y'all got time, check out TOMMY Johnson; no relation to ROBERT Johnson. Tommy comes from the same general area as Robert. He lived and died in around Crystal Springs, MS and is buried in Warm Springs Methodist Cemetery. He was a rambler, womanizer and alcoholic. He played Delta blues and claimed to met the devil at the crossroads some 20 years before Robert.
Of course with a limited number of recording, his more famous would be "Canned Heat Blues" and "Big Road Blues" In the movie O, Brother Where Art Thou? his character is played by Chris Thomas King. Tommy's niece Vera Johnson-Collins resides in Jackson, MS and baring too much COVID plans the "Tommy Johnson Blues Fest" early Nov, 2022.

drewestin

New in Town
Rory Gallagher. He is the best in the blues segment. Truth be told, I started to enjoy rock music because of him. Right now, rock is a sort of hobby for me. I sing in a band. Sometimes we are invited to small concerts. I have realized that music can not bring me a lot of money, but I enjoy singing, so I could not leave my hobby. But my main job is also related to music. I sell musical instruments in my home town. We sell a large variety of musical instruments and also have personalized guitar picks. So if you are curious, you can visit our website.

Last edited:

ES335

One of the Regulars
Rory Gallagher

Rory_Gallagher_and_his_famous_Stratocaster.jpg
I saw Rory up close with a trio at a small club in Washinton DC in the late 80's. The trio took two breaks while Rory played the entire three and a half hour show. Electric blues and rock, Delta slide on an ancient National Duolean, and madolin. That man was a force of nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21