Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why my interrest in western hats

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Pardon callin' you "fly" but it's the only name I got for you. I like the first hat far better than the 2dn one. Western is just fine with me; I wear a Borsalino fedora every day (bought a few of them 25 years ago, in Italy, and they now all "new" vintage). But on weekends, I go for the western hats, an "old" brown Bailey (mid-seventies) and a new black Justin "6X". Now I'm getting itching for a real old hat, so I'm dredging the bay for some jewel, if that could be... Any tips will be most welcome; 7 1/8 'll do just fine!
Paul

Highlander

A-List Customer
Great looking hats. I am partial to Western Hats also. I have about 10 or so various sorts. Prefer the Gus Crease (earlier called the Tom Horn) and have worn that crease since I was in High School. Here's a hat I bought about 20 years ago, and it's had lots of use, been horseback many a day in the rain and it just keeps staying the same. A Stetson...

HatSepia-vi.jpg

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
flylot74, that's a nice hat you've got there, but you know what? I think you'd look better in a western hat with a taller crown. When I look at the full-on face shot you posted, I notice the wide oval shape of your face, and that oval seems truncated by the shallowness of the top arc. And another half-inch of brim wouldn't hurt either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24