Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why only Japan makes high-quality jackets?

diabel

Familiar Face
Your repair has been away for 2 years?? I can save you a lot of grieve and recommend a highly skilled leather care expert if and when you get it back. That’s pure insanity.

Yes, two years. Mine is Ventura model in medium brown horse leather. And yes please share the leather care expert contact info. Thank you!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Dena at Great leather. Get your jacket back and send it to her:
https://www.greatleather.com/
In fact, Dena must have done some work for/with JC because she lists his website in acknowledgements. I just sent her a request for a quote on adding an internal pocket in a cafe racer. While I understand why cafe racers have no internal pockets, in street use lack of an internal pocket for a wallet or whatever is supremely annoying.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Sorry. I just happened to run into this thread mentioning Goodwear and felt like I had to vent based on my own first hand experience. Goodwear has beautiful design and uses great materials. He is a genius, Michelangelo, of the jacket making and arguable makes the best looking jackets in the world. Period. I know because I have one which I sent to John for small correction (small superficial cut in the back during my jacket production) but strangely John doesn't bother returning it back to me for two years even though I prepaid shipping. He is very nice and professional when he responds - once in two years. At this point I'll take it back even without fixing it. Enough of the pleading with John. I'm moving on. (That said if I ever get my jacket back i'd do the review because as I said it is a work of art.) I do want to have a high quality leather jacket. So I'm watching Himel videos now. I'll order soon and I'm thinking about modified FROBISHER jacket. To be honest his design is not as stunning as John's but c'est la vie.

Hey sir - sure sorry to hear this! All of us will certainly care about this sort of thing. Welcome to FL - as you can see, when we know the context - we will care deeply indeed. Thanks for sharing and yes, Tony's recommendations of Dena is well placed. Read my thread on the Taubers jacket, she just finished some major work on that one for me. She is also very responsive to calls and texts and will even text you photos as she is working on the jacket for you.

Sure hope we can help you out here! 2- years is much too long! :)

diabel

Familiar Face
Hi Guys, Thank you all for your help! I actually just finished a long and good call with John. We are working together on resolving this. I'm excited because his jackets are special. John in the last four years had to work through legal and related challenges after his mom passed away. Cleary running a small niche custom business takes both money and right help. He is aware of our frustration and is working on resolving his family life and business challenges going forward. It looks like he is getting close and he mentioned that in the next few months he will be reaching out to community at large to show his plan and improve communications.

Peacoat

Bartender
Hi Guys, Thank you all for your help! I actually just finished a long and good call with John. We are working together on resolving this. I'm excited because his jackets are special. John in the last four years had to work through legal and related challenges after his mom passed away. Cleary running a small niche custom business takes both money and right help. He is aware of our frustration and is working on resolving his family life and business challenges going forward. It looks like he is getting close and he mentioned that in the next few months he will be reaching out to community at large to show his plan and improve communications.
That all sounds good, but two years? That's unconscionable. Get your jacket back and send it to Dena.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
TFL to the rescue!

Still, two years, I'd politely ask for it back and get it repaired elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112