Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide Pinstripe Suits

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Ah... Yes I'm quite a fan of the wide stripe... if they're done right. The problem is I have terrible memories of seventies polyester suits donning the wide stripe.

I have one widestripe pattern on a suit that is all solid brown, despite the lack of contrast, you can tell there are stripes simply because of how the fabric was originally made. It's a cool look. I have a pic of Art Fawcett wearing a fairly wide stripe 3 piece. Let me see if I can find it.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a good image of a wide stripe suit, in white and cream.
coq.jpg

You might look up the clothing designer for De-Lovely and see if they offer something similar.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks WR. Too bad it doesn't fit, I'd snag it too. I'd have to chop about a third of my legs down to fit a 28" inseam. The brown one on their site is about three sizes too small as well. Some folks never catch a break. Oh well.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, you know there has to be a reason why some of these pants are so short! I once tried on an outrageous suit from the early 40's. Super nice medium brown wool with a thick chalk stripe with, a subtle red and blue pinstripe between the chalk strips! The coat fit nice but, the pants were a 28" inseam! They looked like knickerbockers on me! Now, who would have had a coat size like me with short stems like that? I'm thinking that some shorties have bought some of these suits and cut down the pants to wear the coat like a Zoot suit!

Just a thought but, it's frustrating I know!

WR.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Hey my grandpa's brother wore a 44 L and had a 28.5 inseam! (the missing link) He looked like Hank Hill's dad from "King of the Hill" There are some strange body types.

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner