Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wider toe shoes

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'm really not digging all these trip toes shoes on the market today. I bought my WWII Buzz Rickson shoes because of the toe room. Seams like a lot of the higher end shoes are going for that aesthetic of a long toe and tight space while those like me with the broad toe are being left in the dust. Alden does a pretty good job still yet Allen Edmonds has pretty much started going exclusively on their narrower toe lasts which even when going with wider widths can't be remedied as that just makes the heel wider as well.

Anywho. I prefer the broad toe and narrow heel. More the proportions of the shoes that the military issued to it's men for dress uniform wear.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
The Shooman said:
Me too. l don't understand why so many English makes don't make them like that. :mad:

In my limited experience UK shoes and boots tend to be a lot less narrow than US ones. I know what you mean about the tendency to go all Italian and dainty, though. It's everywhere.

Trickers do some good wide-fitting styles.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Narrow toes, not really

I have big feet. I have a problem with arthritis in the big toe joint in the right foot. As a result, I can't wear shoes that press my toes together or press on my instep.

I have a closet full of Allen Edmonds shoes. I buy 13 EEE and the fit is great. I can wear the shoes all day with no more discomfort than if I were wearing sandals.

I will say that large feet look huge in square-toed shoes. I buy all my shoes on-line now that I have a maker and size that works for me, but I remember when I bought them in stores, what looked like a very good-looking shoe in the size 9 that was on display, mostly looked like leather versions of the coal barges I used to watch going down the river in my home town.

The Allen Edmonds I've been wearing don't look like clown shoes, even in the size I wear. Shoes with boxier toes ... well, not for me.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Anywho. I prefer the broad toe and narrow heel. More the proportions of the shoes that the military issued to it's men for dress uniform wear.

Have you ever heard of the Dehner Boot Company? I think they can make shoes to fit the way you like them. Not sure what they would cost though!

http://www.dehner.com/

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
KILO NOVEMBER said:
what looked like a very good-looking shoe in the size 9 that was on display, mostly looked like leather versions of the coal barges .
I have big feet as well and that is soooo true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace