Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Aero be posting the joint statement on their own website?

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
PS. "why not contact Aero directly" is not so easy right now - they are snowed under with Emails about Horween hides........:eeek:

And that is the crux as to why we had to wait to post it on our website until now (as you'll see it is up there now). There are only so many emails I can keep up with - I'm only one person. As it stands I'm still behind but not as much as I was. If we posted the statement at the same time I would have drowned under the weight of questions we'd have been faced with.

The reason we chose to post it here first is because this is where most of our customers who place detailed orders, often via email, phone or in person converse. Therefore these people are the ones more likely to have been given this "special horsehide".

Sorry for the delay in answering this, I've been off work over the weekend and took yesterday evening off as well as it was my birthday and to be honest I couldn't face working then too!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Ditto, well done and also wish Holly happy birthday as well. Aero's actions throughout this ordeal have been exemplary. Holly, it's a shame that you can't clone yourself since you are obviously doing the work of at least two people. Keep up the good work and God speed!!

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Ditto, well done and also wish Holly happy birthday as well. Aero's actions throughout this ordeal have been exemplary. Holly, it's a shame that you can't clone yourself since you are obviously doing the work of at least two people. Keep up the good work and God speed!!

Thank you! I think its fair to say most of us here in Aero are doing more than our fair share of work, but nice to know its appreciated :)

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Happy birthday to you Holly :)

I'm VAT registered in the UK. The same rules apply throughout the EU.

I'm not so sure. VAT is a EU directive. This means you have to collect the tax but some procedures are up to the particular country. In my country you don't register for collecting VAT. You open a business and you are required to collect all the zillion taxes we have, registered or not, yes or yes. Besides, we are forced to keep a ledger. This increases administrative costs and probably it's the reason some companies keep the same VAT policy for all customers. They always collect or they swallow the tax themselves. The later, the case of Aero as explained on other threads.

wdw

One Too Many
:bored: Can we please just leave the VAT issue alone now. :deadhorse

Aero have made their position clear and it's up to the prospective purchaser whether they buy or not.

majormajor

One Too Many
Folks from different countries discussing "their" VAT rules? Why?
This thread is NOT about that. Hello??

thor

Call Me a Cab
Wdw I busted out laughing with your posted "whipping a dead horse" icon! Thanks for the humor !

And how apropos to be referring to a dead horse in a thread about horsehide!

Last edited:
:bored: Can we please just leave the VAT issue alone now. :deadhorse

Aero have made their position clear and it's up to the prospective purchaser whether they buy or not.

That's what happens when a topic forum members still want to discuss is cut off at the knees. It rears it's head again.
Kind of the other side of "if a topic bugs you, just don't read it". ;)

Re; "Cowgate"......it had to be very tough for Aero to make the announcement. Kudos to them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters