Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will and Amanda @ Aero

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Everybody raves about the people at Aero - unfortunately my first experience was through the AeroUSA eBay site and let's just say when I'm finally ready to try to order another Aero jacket I will contact the people in Scotland directly. Live and learn.

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
AeroUSA vs Will and Amanda at Aero Scotland

Everybody raves about the people at Aero - unfortunately my first experience was through the AeroUSA eBay site and let's just say when I'm finally ready to try to order another Aero jacket I will contact the people in Scotland directly. Live and learn.

HorseHide - sorry to hear about your negative experience with AeroUSA but thank you for sharing on this thread. Thanks for all who contributed their positive feedback on Amanda and Will as well. I'm more comfortable dealing remotely with people when they receive this kind of praise.

I live in the USA (Colorado) and have been looking for a size 46 Aero on eBay for a while. I tried a 44 based on measurements and needed to resell it. Horsehide is "THICK" and decided I needed a 26.5" or 27" across-chest measurement. This led me to scope this auction on eBay (Highwayman) and I was amazed to read this comment, "This is our classic Highwayman, unmolested in details and without the "Frankenjacket" modifications en vogue with the jacket forum crowd these days." Seems that AeroUSA doesn't appreciate The Modern Prometheus (Promethei??) located on the jacket forums these days. I'm curious what qualifies as "Frankenjacket" modifications since I prefer all of a lot of the modifications popular on this board to the "unmolested" Aero jackets.

I'm a big fan of the level of information I've read on the Fedora Lounge and imagine this forum has to be a huge source of business for Aero. Indeed the Fedora Lounge is where I first learned of Aero based on a search for a quality leather jacket when off the shelf Vansons didn't fit. Based on the inconsistent feedback on AeroUSA and the consistently high reviews of Aero Scotland I'll deal with them directly. Cheers all

Philalethes

A-List Customer
"This is our classic Highwayman, unmolested in details and without the "Frankenjacket" modifications en vogue with the jacket forum crowd these days."

I verified this was in the item description. Surely the point could have been put differently.
In all fairness, I think Mark is a very nice guy. I only decided to order through the factory because I am planning modifications and I thought it would be better to go to the source.

highhope

New in Town
Hi Coloradorider

I don't have any experience of Aero Leather USA but as I mentioned before, I do have experience of Aero Scotland...

I actually wrote a letter off to Aero (specifically to Amanda and Edith (who made my jacket) to thank them for their customer service and quality.

I'm a VERY cynical 26 year old who tends to grunt about almost anything modern but I was absolutely amazed to find a company who has all the very best qualities of your loved and dear grandmother who personally spends months knitting you a wonderful winter sweater...just how she knows you like it...and just how she know's it'll fit you...and yet deals on an international level...and over the net...I really hope they never change...

Remember that my A2 fits my shape perfectly and I never went to get measured up...Amanda just told me what to do...chatted with me and obviously spoke to Edith to make sure she knew how too make it!!

SIMPLY AWESOME!

Norsksea

New in Town
Just finished up an order for a custom FQHH Bootlegger with Will at Aero in Scotland. He was amazing everything I wanted, he had the experience to help me with all the right measurements for the right fit. I couldn't be happier, except for the 12 week wait for the jacket. But that's OK too, I'll get the jacket just before Summer.
Frank

ampgoesto11

New in Town
ADMIN NOTICE ~ You're new here so it would be worthwhile to sit backup, watch and gauge how members conduct themselves on TFL.
Blatant one liner derogatory statements against a person or persons is NOT Acceptable! Period.
You have a personal grumble...take it to the source please .

PADDY M.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
"I think they're morons"...

Can't imagine how they did something so bad as to warrant that. Care to elaborate more?

Clint
PS Don't mean to debate your justification of your opinion of them- or Aero in general. Just curious how it all went so bad

ADMIN NOTICE ~ You're new here so it would be worthwhile to sit backup, watch and gauge how members conduct themselves on TFL.
Blatant one liner derogatory statements against a person or persons is NOT Acceptable! Period.

PADDY M.

Brilliant. The reason I joined here was to be somewhere in the 'net where I wasn't surrounded by children.
Keep up the high standards.

One of the Regulars

PADDY M.

Excellent job Paddy!
I was tempted to answer him because I found that most of his post are rants against vendors.
Thank you!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just as with Eastman ELC you could have either Alan or Gary answer your call, so same with Aero. These are small companys where everyone helps and work as a team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80