Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windsmoor coat, fur collar dilemma

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I would wear a new fur. But only of certain animals, and if I had reason to believe it was ethically harvested, the same way I feel differently about eating free-range chicken than factory farm chicken.* I would not wear VINTAGE fur of certain other animals, either, that I don't think should be worn.

*I'm exploring vegetarianism but I keep coming back more to how things are grown than what they are. Is ethically grown organic chicken better or worse than agri-biz corn? Sometimes I think so.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Miss 1929 said:
Here I am swathed in furs...

l_e78ca41710f72cd839e55b3ed11268ef.jpg

The photo above of Miss 1929 and her friends has really inspired me to give my fur another go becuse I was slightly disappointed with it the first time around, whilst I do not want to offend any one I thing the look works for me now more than it did
By the way every thing you see me wearing (apart from the shoes) date from between the 1950 - 1960.
Image32-1.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:

I adore both you're wearing here. You look beautiful.

I'm having a similar dilemma... I have inherited a very lovely coat that belonged to my husband's beauty queen aunt. I'm going to use Cynroux's thought that it's been dead much longer than I've been alive so I'm okay to wear it out when we go someplace nice.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Lenore said:
I adore both you're wearing here. You look beautiful.

I'm having a similar dilemma... I have inherited a very lovely coat that belonged to my husband's beauty queen aunt. I'm going to use Cynroux's thought that it's been dead much longer than I've been alive so I'm okay to wear it out when we go someplace nice.

I think the only thing you can do is try it on for a while and see how you feel about wearing it, if you feel uncomfortable then maybe it's one for the hanger and collection only.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Lookin classy there Paul!

I love the look of fur in the 30s, problem is here in the UK at 40s events everyone gets it wrong! They wear a fur stole with a cotton frock and a shopping basket!

:mad:

Grrrrr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran