Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter-safe boots/shoes that look nice, too?

Patattack

New in Town
Hello, folks!

The time has come to start searching for a new pair of winter shoes. This being Michigan and all, things will be getting cold and wet before too long, and my previous winter shoes were basically unwearable at the end of the last winter season. My issue, however, is that I don't want to have big, clunky winter boots.

The previous pair was styled like a '70s men's ankle boot, but made out of some sort of water-resistant material and lined in a much warmer fashion than most. Of course, I don't remember the brand name, and the label had long since worn off from use, so now I'm at square one. And all of the boots I've found in a similar style are leather (not the best in snow) and unlined.

So, can anyone recommend me a stylish, good-looking boot that will keep my feet warm and dry in a Michigan winter?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
There's a winter footwear thread with many of us ladies pondering the same thing already. You may find it if you click on new posts as it's been abuzz recently!

Patattack

New in Town
bunnyb.gal said:
There's a winter footwear thread with many of us ladies pondering the same thing already. You may find it if you click on new posts as it's been abuzz recently!

I've found it! But, as a man, and therefore a non-lady, I expect that there will not be much for me in that particular subforum.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Patattack said:
I've found it! But, as a man, and therefore a non-lady, I expect that there will not be much for me in that particular subforum.

Oops! I made a little assumption about gender there! Sorry!

Patattack

New in Town
bunnyb.gal said:
Oops! I made a little assumption about gender there! Sorry!

No worries! In retrospect, I didn't really give any strong indication either way, and mentioning "men's ankle boot" kind of implied that the "men" part was unusual and worth mentioning, I guess. Hopefully now that I have an avatar, these issues won't come up anymore! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner