Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's Hats

wahine

Practically Family
Thank you, Ole, for this hint. I'll keep my eyes open for CS, maybe she has a piece of advice for me. I see that she's about to start her own website on hats, so once that is on, it'll give quite some information, too. Lookin forward to this site launch.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Hi Wahine and Alice,

While I don't personally wear that style of hat, I do know of a solution to help it stay on your head. Check this link out to some elastic hat bands for sale:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/128525...&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=hat+elastic+band

Let me state that I am not affiliated with this seller, I just know about these and just did a search on etsy and this came up. Hat pins are another option. You can strategically place hat pins through the hair that can then be threaded through an inconspicuous place on the hat, you may have to do this in several places to secure the hat. Again, those pillbox hats like the one Jackie O is wearing is not a style that I collect but I do have tilt hats and they all have elastic hat bands already attached. Some have become too lax over time so I have to get around to replacing it. Let me know if you have any other questions, I am always glad to help!:cool:

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I'll look forward to your hat site.

Alice

Hi Wahine and Alice,

While I don't personally wear that style of hat, I do know of a solution to help it stay on your head. Check this link out to some elastic hat bands for sale:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/128525...&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=hat+elastic+band

Let me state that I am not affiliated with this seller, I just know about these and just did a search on etsy and this came up. Hat pins are another option. You can strategically place hat pins through the hair that can then be threaded through an inconspicuous place on the hat, you may have to do this in several places to secure the hat. Again, those pillbox hats like the one Jackie O is wearing is not a style that I collect but I do have tilt hats and they all have elastic hat bands already attached. Some have become too lax over time so I have to get around to replacing it. Let me know if you have any other questions, I am always glad to help!:cool:

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
Caramel Smoothie and Alice Blue, thank you both for the links and answers (here and elsewhere, Alice). You guys are great, it's wonderful to get such nice and quick answers.
I'll look for hat pins before I try any elastics, the pin idea just seems to be more appealing to me. If that doesn't work out - which isn't so unlikely since I have very fine hair - I'll give the elastics a try.

alicea

New in Town
Hello everybody!:D
I am new around here, and I have a burning curiosity about my new hat.I love hats but just recently I started to be much interested into old hats, full of history..vintage hats.After i purchased this hat I 've googled it and found nothing.I dont know anything about this hat, about the shape, the period, the name on the label ,,Lore Faust"...i have not found anything about this name.The interesting thing is that the inside of the hat has all over the logo of Yves Saint Laurent.
Please I could really use some hints some facts about this hat.Right now it's like I dont even know my hat:)
PS:excuse my english skills, i am romanian.
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Cool Thread !

Hairpins ... no magic! ;)

Alice Blue & Wahine
My Sweetie Pie sez the same,
she has long hair & she would roll her hair up & tuck & bobby pin...

I found this "Ancient Pic"
we would dance all night when we were wild
she never lost a hat.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv58%3B7%3Dot%3E27%3A%3B%3D%3C68%3D83%3A%3D36%3B%3A%3C6874934%3Bnu0mrj

Backstage with the great swing band "Royal Crown Revue"
& let me add if your going to try to attempt to Hucklebuck to this band hatted you better clamp it down..just sayin..:cool:
I checked my Fedora in with the hat check gal...did not want to damage it when we took flight....

My Sweetie tends to wear Cloches nowadays, those don't fly off

Last edited:

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I totally agree, Che. You two look great!

I've also been known to dance with my darling, but I can't find a picture right now. I recently had the amusing experience of attending a 1930s-themed art opening here in Shanghai and being the only guy who knew who to swing dance. It was a lot of fun (I wore my oxblood Optimo).

At any rate, kudos to a swell-looking pair.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Just to add to this conversation a little late -- for the round hats, they may at one time had little hair combs loosely sewn in on the inner brim to help secure to the hair. You can always do this again with cheap combs. I plan on doing that very thing to some of my hats, though I haven't yet.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Forgive me if there has already been a thread about this, but I didn't search.

Do any of you ladies wear hats on a regular basis? I'm seriously thinking about making a few. What type do you have? Any pictures? Are you well received when you wear a hat? If you do not wear a hat, is there a particular reason why?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Forgive me if there has already been a thread about this, but I didn't search.

Do any of you ladies wear hats on a regular basis? I'm seriously thinking about making a few. What type do you have? Any pictures? Are you well received when you wear a hat? If you do not wear a hat, is there a particular reason why?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Far too few women post here. Women buy more hats than do men, but they don’t often come around The Lounge...at least not the hat thread. There are some exceptions, but they are few.

Please start posting photos and get your friends to join in too. A more diverse contributing body would only make this thread better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I putprchased a number of vintage mens hats for my wife. She disliked them all as they did not suit her face. She stumbled across a milliner's hat made in a mens style but proportioned better. She loved it. But it was a poorly made hat at an outrageous price. I convinced her to order a real hat from one of the custom hatters here in the Lounge. He replicated tge look at a better price and with true craftmanship. She loves the hat...gets multi compliments. But it took finding the right hat and 'look'.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit