Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool lining question

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
I've bought a couple of LL Bean Jackets online.
Both have the wool lining, but one is smooth and soft and the other is in clumps (for lack of better term) and kind of stiff.
Wondering what might have been done to the clumpy one to make it that way? Is there any way to undo the clumping? Thought maybe someone tried to wash it?
Thanks for any help!
sheepskin.jpg
sheepskin2.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So if the "clumpy" one is the second one (I like that term by the way) I think that is the way they were supposed to be. I know I've run into both in LL Bean and other jackets. My folks are huge LL Bean fans, I am less so, but I think there is nothing wrong with it.

If it bothers you, try a dry cleaner, or reach out to LL Bean directly. I am sure they would be able to help you.

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Both 100% wool? I have an LL Bean wool coat made in Turkey, and the quality is excellent. I don't think I'd do this, but maybe take a dog brush like this one to the clumpy one if you don't like the texture.

https://img.chewy.com/is/image/catalog/199968_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1568322727_.jpg

They both say 100% and I did find some pics of one made in Turkey that look just like the one I have that was made in the USA, so I don’t think that is the answer.

I have a couple of those slicker brushes for my dog, but I don’t think I’d dare try it on my jacket judging by how much fur it takes out of my dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko