Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World War I peacoats, GOODBYE

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

I've never posted these before on the Lounge, but should have. These are genuine World War I (yes, the First World War) era and 1920s era peacoats. Rare, rare, rare. They'll go on eBay, but deserve to be seen here first.

World War I era man's peacoat:

Peacoat011.jpg

Peacoat016.jpg

Peacoat020.jpg

Peacoat017.jpg

Peacoat.jpg

1920s man's peacoat:

Peacoat001.jpg

Peacoat002.jpg

Peacoat004.jpg

Peacoat003.jpg

Peacoat005.jpg

Fenton

Familiar Face
thanks for posting! great thread!

just wondering if you'd happen to know the manufacturer of the coats?

cheers

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Marc, you have seen our Peacoat thread, I'm sure. It is the only such source on the Internet, as far as is known. A great gathering of information.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MARC:

Will you be offering these items that you are listing to FL Members first with a BIN on our Classifieds. That would be a nice gesture to the members and you'll know that any takers on FL will give the items a good home and good custodial care ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Paddy, I could try that, but these peacoats are very rare. I reckon that they'd fetch a not inconsiderable sum on eBay. Nonetheless, I invite Loungers who are serious collectors of militaria to contact me via PM.

All the auctions will begin tonight at 7 pm Pacific Time. Of course, Loungers are always welcome to PM first and make me offers I can't refuse. (In nearly every case, I won't state a price. Make me an offer instead.)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My Dad had the WW1 peacoat back when he was a teen back in the 40's. His best friend gave it to him when he out grew it. Unfortunately my Grandfather got rid of it while my Dad was in the Army before they moved out to California. It was the one thing given away like that, that my Dad was truely mad about. I can see why he liked it so much, & I have been on the hunt for one or at least a pattern for one since I was first told about it as a kid back in the 70's. A peacoat like that & the first car my Dad ever owned (a Model A coupe bought for $75 back in the day) are two items I love to have as a connection to my Dads past.

Cheers!

Dan

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Gah, outbid on the 20's one by three dollars at the last second! Grr.
Awesome coats still. Must've been hard to let em go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24