Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worth Walden Co. Custom hat

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's another one that came a while ago that I never got around to posting. This one is going to be swapped into the collection in exchange for my Resistol San Antonio. I don't need two silverbelly open road style hats, and this one is so much nicer.

It's a Custom made beaver 50. The felt feels nicer than my '30s stetson clear beaver, so I'm assuming it's a pure beaver hat. Has the same sort of smoothness and stiffness.

Very thin, very nicely detailed.
The company is still around today- anyone know anything about it?

And no- I'm not going to rebash it into a fedora.

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
You astonish me

Another really nice looking hat! I like the dimensions -- it looks like that is only a medium width brim -- a little narrower than some Open Roads. (I've about decided that my face looks better under something less than 2.75".)

Congratulations!

- Mark

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Nah- the tuition's safe. I just spend all the money I make on my ebay stuff on my personal collection.

but like I said- I'm trading this one into the stock in exchange for my almost identical (in styling) resistol. I'm sure I'll make more on that one than I ever could on this because Resistol's a bigger name (even though the quality is nothing in comparison with the worth walden). I scored the Worth Walden for the whopping sum of 5 bucks, so I think I'm pretty sure I'll come out ahead.

And this is how I keep the collection going- I keep trading up, getting better hats, and making enough in the process to buy more.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
Nah- the tuition's safe. I just spend all the money I make on my ebay stuff on my personal collection....And this is how I keep the collection going- I keep trading up, getting better hats, and making enough in the process to buy more.

Good way to do it. I pretty much fund all my various ebay buying and such through selling odds and ends. It doesn't cut into the family finances overly and helps keep one's buying (a bit) under control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic