Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you wear a scarf with small holes in it?

Spartcom5

New in Town
Hey guys I recently found a vintage Johnston of Elgin scarf earlier for $3. I'm going to get it dry cleaned because it has like 5 small holes on it... Would you guys still wear a scarf that has holes in it?? You can't see them when you are wearing it... Plus I'm thinking about felting the holes over to make them less noticeable?

-30-

A-List Customer
Quality; Fit; Finish. If the latter is of little concern, it is you who are the Winner.
(Shirts being the exception, shoes should be polished.)

Regards.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hey guys I recently found a vintage Johnston of Elgin scarf earlier for $3. I'm going to get it dry cleaned because it has like 5 small holes on it... Would you guys still wear a scarf that has holes in it?? You can't see them when you are wearing it... Plus I'm thinking about felting the holes over to make them less noticeable?
Wear it!

Spartcom5

New in Town
I definitely will be wearing the scarf! I overreacted and the holes are minimal. They're really small and I'm having it dry cleaned just in case there are any bugs left on it!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good! I've got lots of old scarves & some of my favourites have small holes (& repairs). As long as it doesn't look scruffy I'd wear it :)

kirkaero

New in Town
Wear it. Small holes will not be noticed. Re weavers like French American in NY could repair it but the cost would be too high.

Wear it. Small holes will not be noticed. Re weavers like French American in NY could repair it but the cost would be too high.
yes and I do. last year found a Burberry cashmere in a charity shop labels and all 50p I asked if the price was right she said "oh yes its got moths in it" 2 small holes, cleaned for £4 value £150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider