Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WPG - 1904 Marching Shoe

tonypaj

Practically Family
Les Gillis said:
Has anyone ordered a pair from What Price Glory? If so how do you like them?

http://whatpriceglory.com/USList.htm

Thanks,

Les

Here's what I wrote in another thread...

Bought the shoes from WPG, fast delivery, no hassle. Size is fine, I'm 8 1/2 American, 9 is still OK, the model is wide, no problem even with my EE feet. However, it has to be emphasized that these are shoes, high ones, not boots. Leather soles, which is great, except I just last year moved to a farm in the countryside and probably need to visit a shoemaker for the soles, unless I'll figure out a way of seriously waterproofing them. Overall I'm happy, pretty much exactly what I wanted...

tonypaj

tonypaj

Practically Family
Les Gillis said:
Tonypaj,

Are the uppers thin leather like on modern dress shoes?

Les

I'll try my best to describe them... You've seen the picture of the outside on WPG website, the only thing that you cannot see there is the shape of the toe, which is round, making the shoe fairly wide.

The insides of the shoes have a thin canvas lining, however the tongue is unlined. They feel more like shoes when you're wearing them than boots, I would call these ankle high shoes. Oh, and the laces are waxed, eyelets OK.

They're made in Mexico, quality to be seen, best thing about them is that they're pretty unique here in France :)

tonypaj

tonypaj

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
But Tony, doesn't this model of military boot actually resemble French Army boots from WW1..?

Maybe I'm wrong.

B
T

I have no clue, but I'd venture a guess that you're right... However here in the Geneva region haute bourgeoisie in their Ballys rule, not that there's anything wrong with that :)

tonypaj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner