Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler Unwashed 13MWZ

Edward

Bartender
Has anyone tried thed 13MWZ in "shadow black"? Considering a pair of black jeans for the first time in over a decade, but not keen when they're black 'back and front' - much prefer then 'grey' on the inside, so you get the contrast cuff as with regular blue jeans. Anyone know whether 'shadow black' does this?

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Has anyone tried thed 13MWZ in "shadow black"? Considering a pair of black jeans for the first time in over a decade, but not keen when they're black 'back and front' - much prefer then 'grey' on the inside, so you get the contrast cuff as with regular blue jeans. Anyone know whether 'shadow black' does this?
I have a couple of pairs of the shadow black - I can confirm they are black all the way through
I washed them in a hot wash as soon as I got them to loose a little of the "blackness" - same great fit and they don't seem to shrink no matter what ..... oh and they are the soft denim - it seems only the blue ones are the rigid.

I don't think they offer a standard black

Edward

Bartender
I have a couple of pairs of the shadow black - I can confirm they are black all the way through
I washed them in a hot wash as soon as I got them to loose a little of the "blackness" - same great fit and they don't seem to shrink no matter what ..... oh and they are the soft denim - it seems only the blue ones are the rigid.

I don't think they offer a standard black

Thanks, that's useful to know; I don't think I want jeans without as contrast cuff, so you've saved me a return postage to the US! FWIW, as best as I can establish from the website, the regular version and the rigids, the key difference is the former have three pre-washes, the rigids just one.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Been wearing these since 2011. I have 5 pair, two were bought as the un-washed - Raw and cost $10 less than the washed. I found these after Levi's raised thier prices in 2010 or so to around $50/pair. I still have every pair I have owned. The high rise cut is great, and yes, they really last. A bit warm for summer use, no other issues. Prices vary from around $23 - $38 USD, so shop around.

Nacho

Practically Family
Been wearing these since 2011. I have 5 pair, two were bought as the un-washed - Raw and cost $10 less than the washed. I found these after Levi's raised thier prices in 2010 or so to around $50/pair. I still have every pair I have owned. The high rise cut is great, and yes, they really last. A bit warm for summer use, no other issues. Prices vary from around $23 - $38 USD, so shop around.

What is your advice on sizing these, Randy?

I usually wear size 30 in my Levis. Since it’s high waisted, I don’t know if I should go up one size due to the jeans sitting at my natural waist.

Thanks,

Twelvefret

New in Town
I usually wear 34/30 so I bought 36/32. Can't believe I have worn these for 6 years.

Someone mentioned selvedge jeans. That is all there were in the '70's and I remember how the legs would twist on Levis. Apparently, the twist is now desirable, but not for me.

Nacho

Practically Family
I usually wear 34/30 so I bought 36/32. Can't believe I have worn these for 6 years.

Someone mentioned selvedge jeans. That is all there were in the '70's and I remember how the legs would twist on Levis. Apparently, the twist is now desirable, but not for me.

Interesting. Wrangler recommended going true to size. I guess I have to buy two sizes and try them out for myself then. Thanks God for Amazon free return lol.

That said, does yours shrink at all after a few washes? I’ve heard the length will shrink quite a bit with hot wash and hot dry.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Observe

One Too Many
Interesting. Wrangler recommended going true to size. I guess I have to buy two sizes and try them out for myself then. Thanks God for Amazon free return lol.

That said, does yours shrink at all after a few washes? I’ve heard the length will shrink quite a bit with hot wash and hot dry.

Thank you,
I wear 13MWZ relaxed fit in black. I find them slightly larger in the waist than the tag size, and in my personal experience they didn't shrink much in length when washed and dried. They're great jeans, but I kinda wish the rear pockets were a big bigger and lower. I understand the pockets are they way they are for functional reasons related to horseback riding, so you can have stuff in them while sitting down.

Nacho

Practically Family
I wear 13MWZ relaxed fit in black. I find them slightly larger in the waist than the tag size, and in my personal experience they didn't shrink much in length when washed and dried. They're great jeans, but I kinda wish the rear pockets were a big bigger and lower. I understand the pockets are they way they are for functional reasons related to horseback riding, so you can have stuff in them while sitting down.

Thanks, man. That's what I've heard of the rear pockets from my research as well. But apparently the cowboy butt drives the ladies nuts lolol.

How's the rise on your relaxed fit 13MWZ though? I read that it's measured at little over 11" so I don't know if it's gonna sit right at your belly button?

Why you chose the relaxed fit over the original if you don't mind me asking? I suspect that you might have big legs like I do.

I've been experimenting with high-rise pants actually. I've been wearing the Dickies 874 for a while now. Gotta say, I love the high rise with the shirt tucked in. Make my stubby legs look longer lol.

I started to dislike my Levis 541 since the stretchy fabric isn't that great after a while. And I can't justify paying more than $400 for Japanese raw denim. It's a little excessive imo.

Twelvefret

New in Town

Thank you,
Mine were the shrink to fit raw denim type. I washed them inside out and air dried. Unless they are heavily soiled, I wash the jeans less frequently. As a result, these jeans have kept their dark indigo appearance, which I prefer.

Observe

One Too Many
Thanks, man. That's what I've heard of the rear pockets from my research as well. But apparently the cowboy butt drives the ladies nuts lolol.

How's the rise on your relaxed fit 13MWZ though? I read that it's measured at little over 11" so I don't know if it's gonna sit right at your belly button?

Why you chose the relaxed fit over the original if you don't mind me asking? I suspect that you might have big legs like I do.

I've been experimenting with high-rise pants actually. I've been wearing the Dickies 874 for a while now. Gotta say, I love the high rise with the shirt tucked in. Make my stubby legs look longer lol.

I started to dislike my Levis 541 since the stretchy fabric isn't that great after a while. And I can't justify paying more than $400 for Japanese raw denim. It's a little excessive imo.
I find the rise is almost as high as on many of my vintage style pants, and as a 6'4 guy it's a huge selling point. High rise looks normal on me. I got the relaxed leg because I have large quads.

Nacho

Practically Family
Mine were the shrink to fit raw denim type. I washed them inside out and air dried. Unless they are heavily soiled, I wash the jeans less frequently. As a result, these jeans have kept their dark indigo appearance, which I prefer.
I ordered my TTS and ended up going a size larger.
I find the rise is almost as high as on many of my vintage style pants, and as a 6'4 guy it's a huge selling point. High rise looks normal on me. I got the relaxed leg because I have large quads.

Thanks, guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk