Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wrongly placed pocket on my Highwayman!

Edward

Bartender
I think it's the use of FQHH trim on the inside pocket that contributes to any "show-through" of the pocket outline. Horizontal or vertical, if the trim is thick, stiff FQHH, eventually the indent or "ghost" outline of the inner pocket could start to show over time (and use).
If one were truly concerned about pocket trim "show-through", I suppose one option is to request a thinner leather (goatskin?) trim around an inner pocket, or even opting for cloth (cotton or canvas) trim.

Yeah, that's what causes it.... though tbh while these certainly aren't cheap items and so the buyer will always be that much more sensitive to any perceived problems, when it comes to this particular issue I honestly think a lot of folks are just over-thinking it. [huh]

Mark

Practically Family
Hi, just to update those interested in my pocket dilema, i have now returned my jacket for a trade in against a new one. Holly has been fantastic through-out and has given me the best trade-in value she could, and i could ever of expected, even offered to fast track my order for me, thats service for you.
I totally respect the fact most of you would'nt bother with having two pockets stuck together but for me it's about "balance", a little ott and ocd perhaps but you live and learn i guess. On the positive side i get to tweek the measurements, request a darker and more consistant hide and i'v managed to get a different Aero label (aeroplane & hanger) just to make it a little different from the returned jacket.
It's been a costlly exercise but at least i'v something to look forward to through May/June.

Thanks for all your input.

Cheers

Mark:)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to hear you are happy with the outcome and nice to see Aero sticking to their great customer service history.

Even though I was on the side of those that said it wasn't an issue and you should forget it, I'm also very much of the opinion that if there is a niggle with a jacket, no matter what else, that niggle will always be there.

You're better off losing a little and ending up with a jacket you love rather than that niggle being there EVERY time you put it on for the next 30 years, there is no joy in that and isn't that was this is about...?

Mark

Practically Family
Glad to hear you are happy with the outcome and nice to see Aero sticking to their great customer service history.

Even though I was on the side of those that said it wasn't an issue and you should forget it, I'm also very much of the opinion that if there is a niggle with a jacket, no matter what else, that niggle will always be there.

You're better off losing a little and ending up with a jacket you love rather than that niggle being there EVERY time you put it on for the next 30 years, there is no joy in that and isn't that was this is about...?

Thanks for that, you hit the nail on the head, could not have put it better. I think Holly sensed where I was coming from and perhaps that was why she was so helpful and willing to work with me to get it right.

Mark

Practically Family
So, what's your next jacket going to be? Don't say you haven't thought about that, cos everybody does it.:D

umm, nope, i'v three jackets (A2, Irvin and soon to be Highwayman again). I had four at one point (another A2) but I found it too stressful! Yes I know, bizarre but I never new which one to wear, it caused me to feel guilty as I may have been neglecting one or another of my other jackets. Also, too many jackets means you never get to develop character/patina due to lack of wear. Three is good, Irvin for Winter, A2 for Summer and the Highwayman in-between. It works for me very well.
I do admire you guys who have so many jackets, I can see the attraction of that buts too much for me.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I tend to think in terms of mood, rather than weather, :D but kudos on the self-control! Mind you, if you think this place is bad for 'over-owning', you should look at the Gustin's community boards - some of the guys there own upwards of 12 pairs of jeans. How they ever get those things comfortable, I have no idea!

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
I tend to think in terms of mood, rather than weather, :D but kudos on the self-control! Mind you, if you think this place is bad for 'over-owning', you should look at the Gustin's community boards - some of the guys there own upwards of 12 pairs of jeans. How they ever get those things comfortable, I have no idea!

It was the Lounge that got me into Selvedge jeans :mad:, i'v about 15 pairs but just three pairs of low end (entry level) Sevedge jeans. I love them but I just can't go there, my salary or wife simply wont allow it!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I reached my limit with a pair of Zimbabwe - three pairs of Gustins, plus a few other selvedge, that's enough denim to be going on with for the time being, but that itch will return, I'm sure. With jackets, you should check the Roll Call thread and weep at some of those collections...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21