Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB 1920s STYLE Fedora in 7 1/2

gunnarthefeisty

New in Town
Hi,
looking for a more narrow brim fedora that would fit a 1920s look. Attached are some family photos and catalog pages showing roughly what I'm looking for- though I don't wish for a Homburg.

I'm a size 7 1/2. I really don't care if this hat was made in the 1970s, yesterday, or anything, so long as it has 'that look'.
Thanks folks!

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_174327_813.jpg
    IMG_20231213_174327_813.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
  • montgomerywardca1920mont_0408.jpg
    montgomerywardca1920mont_0408.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 53
Hi,
looking for a more narrow brim fedora that would fit a 1920s look. Attached are some family photos and catalog pages showing roughly what I'm looking for- though I don't wish for a Homburg.

I'm a size 7 1/2. I really don't care if this hat was made in the 1970s, yesterday, or anything, so long as it has 'that look'.
Thanks folks!
In the advert you posted there are a great many different style hats shown. Are you saying you would be OK with any of the hats on the page?

gunnarthefeisty

New in Town
In the advert you posted there are a great many different style hats shown. Are you saying you would be OK with any of the hats on the page?
Well, yes, they are soft hats with a crown that can be re-shaped and a brim that will curl up slightly or snap down is desired.

Well, yes, they are soft hats with a crown that can be re-shaped and a brim that will curl up slightly or snap down is desired.
If you look more closely you will see differences. Look at the crowns, some are straight sided and more full while others have a pronounced taper to them. I am a custom hatter and looking at the pictures I would not know which hat to make for you. They are blocked on different profile, different footprint blocks. What brim width would you prefer? How tall the crown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner